The Rising Son

Sam, Dean, Aiden, Amara and I were driving in a car with Jack passed out in the backseat next to Aiden. Brandon was driving his motorcycle.

Sam looked at Dean. "Hey, we still got probably 12 hours until we're home. You want me to drive?"

"Do I ever want you to drive?" Dean replied.

"Look, losing Mary and Cas, that's a lot to process, Dean, especially on no sleep," I told him. "And the kid--"

"The kid?" Dean repeated. "Come on, Ness. You know how this plays out. Look, when we try to bend the rules, pretend that the bad guys aren't so bad or that things will get fixed, that's when people that we care about get hurt. And the people that we care about are Aiden and Amara. And the only one besides them left, Brandon. And then we end up doing what we should've done in the first place, which is end the problem. So this time, let's start with the obvious. Soon as I find a way to take care of... it."

"Aiden, Brandon and I can take care of ourselves, Dad, as we proved at the station," Amara told him.

"And 'the problem' might be our only shot at saving Grandma," Aiden told him.

"Mom's gone," Dean told us. "There's no fixing that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

We had to stop at the Black Hat motel, walking into a motel room.

"This is a bad idea," Dean told us. "We should've just kept driving."

I scoffed. "Dean, you were hallucinating sheep on the road. We need a few hours."

Amara turned on the light. "This is nice, Brandon, thanks for coming with."

"Well, it's not like I had a lot of other places to go, Amara," Brandon replied. "My organization killed my father and tried to kill me, and I don't have any one else."

"You have us," Amara told him.

"Hey, Mom, is what Amara and Brandon doing called flirting?" Aiden asked.

I chuckled.

"Shut up, Aiden," Amara told him.

Jack was amused, hiding a smile.

"Let's ward the room, get a bite, get a few hours of sleep, hit the road first thing," Sam told us.

Aiden turned on the TV to watch Scooby Doo.

Jack sat down next to Aiden, watching the cartoon, mesmerized. "It's... wonderful."

"Aiden, no," Dean told him.

"But, we--" Aiden started.

Dean glanced at the TV, chuckling. "No." He turned the TV off. Aiden looked at the TV, which turned back on. Dean gave our son a look. "Aiden."

"I didn't mean to," Aiden told us.

Brandon, Amara and I smirked in amusement. Sam chuckled.

"We're gonna have to split rooms," I told them. "Aiden and Amara can sleep in the joined room Dean and I have. Sam, Brandon, you okay with rooming with Jack?"

"Yeah, of course," Sam answered.

"Sure," Brandon answered.

Dean tossed a copy of the bible to Jack. "Read a book. We're out of here in a few hours."

Jack grabbed the bible, starting to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~