War of the Worlds

After Jack left, I was on the computer, trying to track him down. Sam, Dean, Aiden and Amara walked in with coffee and breakfast.

"Anything?" Dean asked.

I took my coffee. "Oh, thanks. Not yet. I put out an APB to every single hunter we know. But... Jack's off the grid."

"Kid was pretty spun out," Sam told us. "We'll find him. I mean, there's gotta be a sign at some point, right?"

"Yeah," Aiden answered.

"Kid can cause a tsunami with a hiccup," Dean told us.

"I don't know," Amara told us. "Maybe he's covering his tracks."

Castiel and Brandon walked in.

"Or this apparent death of evidence is, in fact, the evidence," Brandon told us.

"The evidence of..." I trailed off.

"Of some horrific misadventure that's befallen him, like being dragged down to Hell by Asmodeus," Castiel told us.

"Or, I don't know, possibly worse, being hijacked to Heaven by angels," Brandon told us.

"Yeah, but isn't he too fast and furious for angels?" Aiden asked.

"Maybe," Castiel answered. "Maybe not. That's what I'm gonna find out."

"Find out from who?" Sam asked. "From--from the angels?"

"Yes," Castiel answered.

Dean stood. "All right. Well, let's go."

"Dean, you can't accompany me," Castiel told him. "My contact is already anxious about meeting and won't speak in the presence of a stranger."

"So introduce me," Dean told him. "Then I'm not a stranger. I'll bring a six pack."

"Dean, I swore I would protect this boy," Castiel told him. "Let me do this."

Castiel walked toward the war room.

"Don't do anything stupid," I told him.

Castiel walked out of the bunker.

"All right," Aiden told us.

"I guess we're stuck in idle," Amara told us.

"So, what do we do?" Sam asked. "Just--just sit around here and wait?"

"Well, we could work a case," Brandon answered. "We got three murders here, a couple hundred miles apart, same MO. They were all horribly tortured before having their throat slit. Look at the body, next to it."

Brandon showed us the case information, to reveal that there were ingredients for a spell next to the body.

"She's a witch," I told them.

"Mm-hmm," Brandon answered.

"Were they all witches?" Dean asked.

"Looking like," Brandon answered. "These aren't hunter kills .They're--they're more ritualistic, like a sacrament or something. Plus, all their places were ransacked, which means somebody was looking for something."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aiden, Amara, Brandon and I were standing outside the Clinton police department, leaning against the Impala, while Brandon stood by his motorcycle, waiting for Sam and Dean to walk outside. Brandon was on his tablet.

I was on the phone. "Yeah, Jody. No, I mean, we don't know what's going on. We just know that they're all witches. Yeah. All right. Will do. Thanks."