but even though there are a lot of us searching for her, we still weren't able to find her.

"hey, don't give up just yet. we will find her, i promise. everything will go back to normal." chaeng tapped my shoulder in assurance.

"chaeyoung's right, don't lose hope. we'll always be here to help you no matter what." namjoon hyung added and the others agreed, while i smiled in response.

i'm very thankful for them helping me, but even though they always give me reassurance, i couldn't help but feel sad.

it still feels like a part of me is missing.

"HEY! GUYS! COME HERE QUICK!" we all quickly rushed to hoseok hyung as he continuously shouted to the top of his lungs.

"what was that?! you startled us." seokjin hyung said as he held on to his heart.

"i have an update!!" hoseok hyung gladly announced.

wait, what did he just say?

"really?! what is it?!" my whole system elevated as i excitedly asked.

"i just got a response from seoul general hospital and they said they have a patient named lalisa manoban. we found her! we finally found her!!" he continued.

i grabbed my coat and sprinted off as soon as hyung finished his sentence.

"yah jungkook-ah! you're leaving sooner?! wait for us!" taehyung hyung shouted.

"thanks everyone!" i said before i bid goodbye and left.

i got to my car as fast as possible and drove like i have never drove before. i don't care if i was too fast, all i wanted to do right now is to quickly go to lisa, hug her tightly, and say how much i missed her.

there are a lot of questions going through my mind. how is she? is she fine? does she still look pretty? or does she look prettier now? did she miss me?

and why the hell was she in the hospital for a month?

my last question was answered as soon as i arrived at the place.

i found her by the entrance, watching the rain as they drip on her palm—

on a wheelchair with casts on her left hand and foot.

she wasn't like that the last time i saw her. she used to look all happy, but at this moment, she looks so sad.

she might be smiling, but her eyes are telling the opposite.

what happened to her?

slowly, i made my way to her. my heart raced everytime i took a step nearer.

"lisa." i called out.

the enthusiasm i felt just a while ago didn't last long. it was replaced with sadness and confusion as soon as lisa turned to me with shocked, but sad eyes.

"lisa i... i'm sorry." i started.

"i'm sorry for leaving you alone that night and for not finding you sooner." i continued. "i missed you."

it was then a moment of silence before she replied.

"i wish you didn't find me." she said, averting her gaze.

i furrowed my eyebrows at her response.

"what—?"

"i didn't miss you." she cut me off.

liar.

"if you really didn't, then look at me in the eye and tell me you did not miss me." i firmly said, preventing tears from my eyes to fall down.

she then looked at me, with the same sad eyes i have seen a moment ago.

only that, they look sadder this time.

"did you really love me?" she asked.

"yes, of course i did and i still do." i replied.

she let out a sigh, then a genuine smile flashed on her face.

"i guess that's all i wanted to hear. thank you, jungkook. thank you for everything. i loved being with you because you made me happy once again, but i can't take it anymore." she said with that gentle voice of hers.

"w-what—?"

"i guess it's time we forget each other." she continued.

i missed hearing her angelic voice and i love it everytime i hear it, but i didn't realize any sooner that that voice would once break my heart.

"n-no. what are you talking about?" i said as i felt tears forming in my eyes. "please don't leave me, lisa. p-please." i knelt and took her hand.

"let's just pretend everything that had happened to us before was just a dream. whenever we see each other in the streets, let's pretend we had never seen each other before. let's forget everything that happened." she continuously said, and it continuously broke my heart with every word she uttered.

"it just... it just hurts too much everytime i remember the two of us." she continued.

"lisa... please... i-i can't do that." i begged.

i don't care if we are being watched or if i am already crying hard and looking like shit. all i want is to get my girl back.

"i'm sorry, jungkook. goodbye." she showed a weak smile as she slowly removed her hand from my grasp and started to turn away from me.

"n-no! don't leave me!" i tried to stop her but someone was stopping me from moving.

"jungkook, let's go." chaeyoung said from behind.

"no! i can't lose her!" i shouted as i struggled to get out.

i can't afford to lose the one person who showed me the meaning of true love and happiness. she's the only purpose why i still continue breathing.

i have found myself fond of her as if she's my oxygen, and i can't seem to live without her. without her, nothing will be left of me. without her, how can i be able to continue living?

why are you doing this to me, lisa? you're hurting me so bad.