16. tired

Dylan POV

"Hello?"

"Hey, Julia. Shit, did I wake you up?"

I called my sister but I didn't think she might be asleep - I guess she was though cause she has a tiny tired voice.

"Hm, yeah but it's alright, I had to wake up soon anyway. So? Finally you call, dumby!"

I slightly laugh and continue to talk, keeping my voice low.

"Yeah, sorry, I didn't have much time this week."

"Don't worry. I'm glad you and Thomas are alright. How is he?"

"He's fine. I mean, he'll be fine." I say while sitting next to Tommy on the couch. I start to play with his hair slowly. "He's asleep. We just came back from his first appointment with a therapist, he's exhausted."

"How did it go?"

"Kind of great, I guess. He was really nervous but it went better as he talked with the therapist. I hope it'll really help though."

She sighs. "Yeah, I hope so too."

I hesistate for a second but decide to ask my sister what I've got in mind.

"Hey, Julia? You know the therapist, she said... She said Tommy should move out somewhere else, it would be like leaving the bad stuff behind him, you know. And as soon as she said that, I started thinking about maybe asking him to move in with me." My cheeks blush just at the thought.

"Dylan! It's amazing!"

"I know but... Isn't it too soon? You know? I don't want to scare him away."

"Well, uh, I don't know Dyl. I don't think he'd get scared. I mean, it's not like you two are going to stay apart from now on, am I wrong? I think it might even be a great idea for him."

Tommy lets out a long sigh in his sleep, which makes me smile because he's so cute. I love the idea of living with him. Waking up next to him every day, going to sleep with him every night. I just have to... Figure everything out before asking.

"Yeah, maybe you're right. I'll think about it. Thank you. I have to hang up now. Everything okay in my house?"

"Yeah, don't worry. Eh! Call me when you've asked, okay?"

"Of course, I will."

"Okay. Love you", she says.

"Love you too, be safe."

I hang up the phone and lay down next to my sleepy love.

As I stare as his perfect features, his eyes closed and messy hair, I begin to think about my relationship with Tommy. It's all new to me. I never dated a boy before and to be honest I've never even thought about dating one. I guess it doesn't matter, in this case all that matters is Thomas. But still, some... details scare me - like sex, obviously, but I know we'll take it slow.

I'm still a little bit worried about the anxiety of his but I'll be there and careful. And I think we can trust Dr. Lahey, at least I hope so.

🌼

It's 4 pm when he wakes up and he seems surprised to see me next to him. He smiles.

"Hello there baby."

"Hey, Tommy baby. How're you feeling?"

He stretches his arms and then pulls me into a tight hug, dropping a kiss on my lips.