Meeting Willy's Dad (Edited)

"Do you think your dad is going to ask about kids?" I asked, as the elevator left the factory.

"I hope not," he replied, "we're not ready for kids."

"Do you even want kids?"

"Eventually, but not right away. What about you?"

"I don't know. Honestly, the idea of having kids scares me. I know we talked about it before, but I don't know if I'd be a good mother."

"I think you'd be a great mother, the way you are with Charlie shows that. Which is probably why everyone thought you were his mother, during the tour." He laughed and I smiled at him.

The elevator landed in front of a tall building, "We're here." We walked up the steps, and he looked down at me. "Ready?"  I nodded my head, and he rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, a tall man in a white lab coat opened the door.

"Willy," he said, "What a wonderful surprise! Come in!"

"Hi, dad," Willy said, kinda awkwardly, walking inside with me following behind him. We walked into the living room, and Willy introduced us.

"I have a patient at the moment, so you guys make yourselves comfortable, but not too comfortable, I'll be done in a few minutes." He went into the room across the hall. Willy and I sat on the couch.

I turned to Willy, "You okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine, just nerves," he laughed. I placed my hand on top of his.

"It'll be fine." I smiled at him, and he smiled back at me.

Dr. Wonka then came back in the room after telling his patient to remember to floss. "I'm assuming you have some sort of news, going by the way you two are acting right now." He looked at me. "You're not pregnant are you?" he asked.

"No, Why does everyone ask that?"

"Well," Willy started.

"Rhetorical question, Willy."

"Well, what's the news, then; I only have thirty minutes till my next appointment," Willy told him that we were getting married, and everything that had happened in the past couple of days. "Wait there was a recording device?"

"Yeah."

"And you didn't get rid of it, Willy?"

"No, it was really late, and I didn't want to leave Amandah by herself. I had one of my workers destroy the recording device, but we still have the ring."

"I'd like to destroy the thing," I said.

"The lawyer needs it, or I'd let you destroy it."

"You got a lawyer?"

"Yes, he's the one that helped me with the tickets, and he should help with the whole press problem we've been having. I called him this morning." I glanced to the side and saw a camera flash.

"Willy, someone with a camera is outside," I said.

"What? How'd they find us?" He got up and looked out the window.

"I don't know. Maybe they followed us?"

"We were in the elevator though."

"Doesn't mean they can't follow us."

"Sorry we brought you into this, Dad," Willy said. "They may try to interview you soon." There was a knock at the door, then. "Or now."

"Do you remember where your room is," Dr. Wonka asked.

"Of course," Willy replied.

"Go hide there I'll get rid of the press."

"Okay." He grabbed my hand and took me up the stairs. As we reached the top, I heard his dad open the door.

"Do you have an appointment?" I heard him ask. I had to bite my tongue to keep myself from laughing. Willy opened a door and went inside closing it quietly, as to not be heard by the people downstairs. He turned around and looked at the room we were in, grabbing my hand again.

"Your dad's funny," I whispered, with a small laugh. He looked at me his face serious, but there was laughter in his eyes.

"I haven't been in here in forever," he said, picking stuff up and looking at it. He picked up a small notebook and opened it.

"What's that?" I asked.

"My notes from chocolates that I tried before I ran away." He opened it, going through the pages.

"Your handwriting has definitely improved," I said hugging him.

"I was ten," he replied, kissing my head. He grabbed my hand and took me over to the bed. "Let's just talk, right now."

"About?"

"Everything." I kissed him, and he grinned, "or we could do that." He kissed me back.

"How are you feeling?" I asked.

"Hmm?"

"I know you and your father don't normally get along."

"Oh. That. It's been better than it was, but it'll take time."

"I know." I pressed my lips to his. "I love you."

"I love you too."

Eventually, the press left, and Willy and I went back downstairs. Willy's dad had another appointment, so we said goodbye, and headed back home.

"He's proud of you, you know," I said, hugging him.

"How do you know that?"

"He has every newspaper article you've ever been mentioned in on a wall or in a binder, in his office."

"Wait we weren't in his office. How'd you know about that?"

"Charlie told me!"