Safe (Edited)

When I was getting ready for bed that night, Charlie was asking me a bunch of questions, about the date. I decided to stop ignoring him and tell him about it. Quietly so Grandpa Joe wouldn't hear this time.

"Did he kiss you?"

"I don't think that that's any of your business."

"He did, didn't he!" I pretended to zip my lips and lock them, throwing the key behind me. "Amandah and Willy, sitting in a tree, K.I.S.S.I.N.G," he teased.

I unlocked my lips, "Charlie, if you don't shut up right now, I don't care what Willy says, I will kill you!" I yelled forgetting to be quiet. "Shit," I mumbled.

"What's going on up there?" Mr. Bucket asked.

"Nothing," Charlie said as I said. "Charlie won't stop teasing me."

"Charlie, stop teasing your sister," I stuck my tongue out at him.

"And Amandah," Mrs. Bucket added, "don't threaten your brother."

"Okay," we replied before laughing.

"I'm glad you two are together," Charlie said. "I think it'll be good for the both of you."

"I hope so, I just don't want anything bad to happen." I got into bed and turned out the light, "Good night, Charlie," I said.

"'night."

~~~

The next morning, I woke up smiling. I quickly got dressed and went downstairs, where everyone was.

"Good Morning," I said.

"Someone's in a good mood," Grandpa George said.

"Would that have anything to do with your date yesterday?" Grandma Josephine asked. I nodded.

"I had such a great time," I replied, "And Willy said I could help him, today. Although he didn't tell me what we are doing."

"Sounds like fun," Grandpa Joe said, laughing.

I ate breakfast with the family and told them where we went for the date, leaving out the secret room since Willy doesn't want anyone in there besides us.

"Will Willy be coming by to get you?" Mrs. Bucket asked as a knock was heard at the door. "Never-mind."

Charlie opened the door and let Willy in. Everyone said hi and such. Willy came behind me and kissed my cheek.

"You're early," I said, turning my head, so he was closer to my lips.

"Only by a few minutes, starshine," he replied.

"What did you want me to help with?"

"With whatever I need help with." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm almost done eating, and then I'll be ready to go," I replied, sitting back down at the table, "No boat, right?"

"No boat," he replied, sitting down across from me.

"Yay!" I said, happily.

"Why don't you like the boat?" he asked.

"I just don't like not being able to control my legs after getting off."

"I wish you did. Like the boat, I mean, not, not being able to walk properly, it's the fastest way to get to the inventing room."

"If you want to go on the boat, we can go on it, just because I don't like it doesn't mean we can't go on it. It just means you have to help me walk afterward." He laughed for a moment, then seemed to go into thought, so I didn't say anything else, and watched the T.V. The stupid reporters, were still outside the factory. "Did they stay out there all night?" I accidentally said aloud.