Always You - chapter 3

Copyright © 2010 - 2012 Kirsty Moseley

                                                   Chapter Three

The following week passed in a blur. Clay and I were completely back to normal, there no awkwardness at all, which was great. I loved my new school. Rachel and I had become close friends, and I started hanging around with her group of friends too. Everyone was nice to me at school because I was friends with Mr Popular. Clay was his usual charming and protective self around me; I had a feeling he was warning the guys away, but I was still getting hit on a lot. I turned them all down nicely.

Today was Friday again. I was perched on the bleachers with Rachel and Jeff, wearing Clay’s shirt again and we were happily tucking into hotdogs. I was really trying to watch the game this time. Clay had been trying to teach me some of the rules ready to watch, but everything was going so fast that I couldn’t actually keep up.

“Hey, you never called.” The bench bounced a little as someone sat next to me. I recognised his voice immediately - Blake. I tried not to look at him; I didn’t want to have to look at his hotness again. I needed to remember that he was too old for me. Him being too old for me doesn’t mean I can’t do a little flirting though…

I turned to face him and gulped as I looked at his face. His blue eyes were shining with amusement as he cocked his head to the side.

Oh dear lord, he is even hotter than I remembered!

“Hmm, I had better things to do,” I replied, waving my hand dismissively.

“Better things? What can be better than going out on a date with me?” His brow furrowed, as if he was a little confused that I’d rejected him again. I smiled to myself; he clearly wasn’t used to rejection, that much was obvious from his lost expression. Not that I was surprised though, with the way he looked he probably had girls falling at his feet every day.

“Washing my hair. Walking the dog. Cleaning the house. You know, that kind of thing,” I teased, shrugging.

“Well you don’t know what you’re missing out on,” he said, smiling cockily.

“Hmm, I could probably guess actually. There would be some crappy food and maybe a crappy movie, where you would insist on sitting in the back so we could make out. And then, depending on how well the date went, there may be a little action in the car as you dropped me off. Am I close?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

He laughed and shrugged. “Pretty close,” he admitted, shaking his head in amusement. He leant in closer to me; his breath blew across my cheek making my skin prickle. “You know, I really like a challenge,” he whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine again.

“Well then you’re definitely in the right place. I can be quite challenging,” I whispered back, winking playfully.

“Hmm, I can see that.” He slung an arm around my shoulder casually. I elbowed him in the side quickly and stood up, not wanting to take the flirting to anything physical.

“Come on, Tom, move your skinny ass! That ball’s not gonna catch itself!” I shouted, giggling as he waved and shook his head at me. I really liked Tom, we teased each other constantly. He was a really lovely guy.

As I sat back down I was careful to put a little space between my body and Blake’s. But that didn’t seem to matter though because he moved up next to me again as soon as I was on the bench.

“You busy tonight?” he asked. I nodded slowly, fighting a smile. “And tomorrow?” he asked. I nodded again. “And I suppose the day after that?” He sighed dramatically. I nodded again and hid a smile at his playful annoyance. I could tell that he was actually quite enjoying the chase, especially if this was his first one like I imagined that it was.