Chapter 8: Kyle 2.0

Start from the beginning

"Hey bestie" Amy said. She gave me a huge hug and squeezed my cheeks. Okay, I know she's never had a girl best friend, but this is getting weird.

"Hi, so I'm glad you said I could come over" I said giving her the best fake smile I could master.

"Anytime, it's actually nice to be around a girl" she said. She opened the door to her house and yes, my assumptions were correct.

There were pictures of Jesus everywhere. The door even had a huge red cross on it...wait what? You do know who's on the cross right? Jesus.

Ding Ding Ding

"My parents are attending a funeral, so feel free" she said throwing a bottle of water my way. I caught it and sat down on the couch.

Well the priest's daughter was not watching some old documentary on Betlaham people, she is a normal teenager after all.

"Why don't we head to the mall?" I suggested. If I stay in this house any longer, I'll start confessing all of my sins to the cross on the door.

"Come to my room" she said holding my hand. I was following her lead. She was humming a song I couldn't recognize on the way to her bedroom.

"Welcome to my kingdom" she said opening the door. Her room was not how I expected it to be...wow.

She had a queen sized bed in the middle of the room with huge Justin Bieber posters pasted in each wall. Gawd no, she's a Belieber.

"Do you like it?" she asked me while chewing on her nails.

"I'm impressed" I said taking a seat on her bed. She walked inside her wardrobe and placed an outfit on the bed: black jeans and a plain white t-shirt.

"I think this is the only outfit I own that you would like" Her clothes were way different then mines.

'Mommy jeans, clothes full of Justin Bieber's huge head and Bible verses on the back of her t-shirts' The rest, church outfits.

"I won't wear this" I said. She gave me a disappointed look and the puppy dog eyes that follow.

_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_

2 hours later...

"Johnathon and Sizwe will be here any minute now"

I don't even know how I got here. I don't even want to talk about it, and yes, I'm still wearing that crappy outfit but i replaced the t-shirt with Kyle's oversized one.

"Its okay, I don't mind waiting" The restaurant was packed because it was a Sunday. They were a lot of family specials on Sunday.

I orderd water because its rude to eat before the rest arrive.

"You know, before my mom was nominated as the priest, we used come here every weekends"

I really don't have time for sob stories, everybody has their own, it's not my battle to fight.

Johnathon and Sizwe arrived and they both gave us a formal nod.

"So, does anyone have something to cool down our throats?" I asked,sticking my tounge out.

"No, but I can call the wai-"

"Amy, I'm talking about alcohol"

"Oh that" she said scratching her head.

"I've been drinking that since I was lil kid, back in the '00's" she said holding up a peace sign. If only she knew that she was making herself look stupid.

"Amelia, no" Johnathon said whilst jokingly massaging her shoulders. Four cheese and bacon burgers were placed in front of us.

"This looks yum, so tell me Cindy. What brings you here?" Johnathon asked. His glasses were hanging lazily just above his nose.

"Were we your backup plan?" Sizwe asked me. I'm starting to get a feeling that they were ganging up on me.

"No, I just missed you guys thats all" I could feel the beads of sweat forming on my forehead.

"Thats so kind of you, you should join us more often" Amy said layint her head on Johnathon's shoulder.

You won't believe who just walked inside.

"My babiesss"

Yep, its Aunt Thandeka. She had box braids on her head now with a yellow sundress. She looks young now and nothing like a churchgoer.

"Waiter-"

"The service here is slow, let me join you guys"

And that ladies and gentlemen is how my life ended

******
From A.G

no umph.. 😭nada. but i promise you the next chapter is gonna be bomb! (eXAms) I might take a bit longer to update but please hold on (attach a cat gif)