Chapter 04

I can hold my breath.

We stayed in that position - her on top of me kissing me - for a while until we reluctantly got up to answer the door.  When we got to the door we found, Odette and Chyler on the other side.

"What took you so long to answer the door Katie?" Chyler asks not noticing me yet.

I can bite my tongue. 

"(Y/N)?" Odette asks finally noticing me.  "Did you stay over last night?"

"She fell asleep on my couch shortly after everyone left.  What is it that you guys need at such an early time?" Katie asks.

I can stay awake for days. If that's what you want.

"We came to ask if you knew where (Y/N) was staying but I guess we don't need to now,"  Odette states.  "(Y/N), we wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with us for the day?  You know, so we can get to know you?"

"I uh, yeah, sure.  Let me just go to my apartment to get some clothes.  I feel nasty in these clothes," I say looking between the women.

Be your number one.

Katie gives me a look and I nod my head.  Knowing that she's wanting to keep me all to herself.

"Great, we can give you a ride," Chyler smiled.

I can fake a smile. I can force a laugh. 

I smile and don't say anything. Katie starts up a conversation with them while I walk back into her apartment to get my phone and keys. I just can't help but wonder what we are. Like we kissed in a heated kiss for around twenty minutes, but what does that make us?

Does she even want to be anything other than friends anymore?  She wouldn't want anything more from me.  Right?

I can dance and play the part.  If that's what you ask.

"(Y/N).  (Y/N).  (Y/N).  Earth to (Y/N)?" Chyler says.

"Huh?" I ask.  "What did you say?"

Give you all I am.

"I asked if you were ready to go," she answered.  "Are you alright, (Y/N)?"

"Yeah, yeah.  I'm fine.  Just thinking."

I can do it.  I can do it.  I can do it.

"Are you thinking about what just happened, (Y/N)?" Katie questioned me.  I gulped and she continued, "It's whatever you want it to be, text me later with what you want it to be and we'll figure everything out from there, okay?"

"Okay."

But I'm only human.  And I bleed when I fall down . I'm only human.