The King and the Sister

Start from the beginning

            “Well he is evil and you probably are too. He killed my grandfather.” I say. Sokolav basically was my grandfather. She frowns and pulls her hair out of her face.

            “I know that my brother has done bad things,  but he seems to have a genuine interest in you.” She says. I roll my eyes. I knew that, but I was not flattered by it. Garth’s sister gets up and pull the dress out. She hold it up and I get a look at it. It was a beautiful dress and I couldn’t help but want to try it on.

            “I’m Lilith by the way.” She says pulling me up to my feet. Just like her brother, her touch is ice cold. “Now, be a doll and take off your clothes.” I raise my brow and she smiles. I take the blanket it off and then the cloak. When I am down to my bra and panties she looks disgusted.

            “Oh no. You need to bathe.” She says. I sigh and she leads me into a bathroom. The technology is just like Annith’s. They have the pump and everything. She pours hot water into the bath and makes me sit down. It is odd being naked in front of her, but I guess we were both woman. She takes some soap and starts lathering my hair in it.

            “Why are you doing this?” I ask her. I was positive they had servants running around the castle. My eyes are closed so I cannot read her expression.

            “Garth asked me. And I am the only one that has the proper dinner attire.” She says. I open my eyes again once she had cleared my head of all the soap.

            “You aren’t Bascal Fey like Garth is.” I note. She nods and starts put a different type of flower soap thing on my body. I didn’t like her touching me all over the place.

            “We have different mothers. Dad is Bascal but my mother was a nymph.” She tells me. I guess that explained the wings and her eyes. After the bath, she puts a fuzzy cloth around me and then dries me off. She hands back my undergarments and I stick them on. She helps me slip into the dress and it more poufy than the last one I put on. The back had white lacing and it was tight but at least I could breathe a little bit better. She was still tying the corset when I decided to speak.

            “You know that I am married?” I say. Maybe I could get Lilith to get me out of this place.

            “Yes. Garth told me. He also told you and him have been fighting lately. I think you are a little young.” I rolled my eyes. So what? It was obvious that Lilith was not going to help me escape, but she was going to be nice to me.

            “I still love him and it will always be that way.” I say crossing my arms. She finished the ties and stick the cloth over my head.

            “We’ll see.” She says before drying my hair. I sit down patiently and wait until she is done curling my hair. She gives me a red lip and smoky eye-shadow. Makeup hasn’t changed all that much since the medieval ages. It was just more convenient on earth than here.

            “Where did you get this necklace?” She asks eyeing the stone. I move away slightly.

            “Family heirloom.” I say simply. She nods but I can tell she has not totally bought it. I then sit back down and let her continue on.

            “Finished.” She says with a smile. She hands me a mirror and I look so different. I looked like someone mistress or something like that.

            “Remember that my father is a bit rash. Just try to hold your tongue.” She tells me as we walk down the hall. I could try to shift and run for it, but if I got caught, I was sure there would be dire consequences. I walked along and I really didn’t want to go to another dinner. This would be even more miserable than the last dinner I had with Queen Annith.