Anakin

Anakin Skywalker was sitting on the front steps of the imposing Jedi Temple. The sun was setting, the sky was dimming, the city lights were shining... How long had he been there? He could still sense her presence - he clung to it... literally. He opened his right hand and looked at his padawan's braid. The one she rejected. How could she do that to him?

Ahsoka Tano had been his padawan for three years, although he felt like if he knew her for much longer. With her, the war didn't seem that bad. But then she wasn't there anymore. Anakin thought about how lost she should be feeling. The Jedi Order was her life. What was she going to do? He didn't think she knew the answer herself. He, on the other hand, knew exactly what he would do. And, by what his now former apprentice said in their last conversation, she knew what he would do as well.

Suddenly, he realized he got distracted of her presence and could no longer sense her. She was gone. He wanted to scream and shout and drain his anger away. He didn't even know if he was still angry. At the beginning, he was. Now he felt abandoned. Slowly, his urge to yell vanished and he found himself on the verge of crying. He took a deep breath with his hands on his head and got up.