Jesse's POV (Epilogue)

Start from the beginning

"Well, I'm going to be taking care of you all day tomorrow, whether Lexi and Alex like it or not," I breathed into her hair, holding her tightly. "Then I'll take you to the doctor to see what's wrong..."

Jordan went silent for a pure second, as if her mind travelled somewhere else. Before I could ask what she was thinking about, she blurted out, "I have a present for you. Wait here. I'll go get it."

"Am I forgetting something important?" I felt my eyes widen as soon as I thought about it. I was usually good with remembering dates. I would've felt like such a dick if I did forget something. "Because you should tell me if I'm forgetting something important, because I'll go buy you something right now."

Jordan ran out of the room to go get her gift and all I could think about was what important date I was missing. She didn't even bother telling me what I was forgetting, and I started feeling anxious. I began thinking of all the dates and repeating them out loud.

"Today isn't the first day we met," I boasted, knowing that one by heart. November 7th, 2007. That one wasn't for awhile.  "We didn't get together today." I had to stop myself from smiling at that thought. "And Hunter didn't get caught today... It isn't even the day we first kissed or anything. What am I forgetting?"

I didn't even stop to think about if anything I said was the slightest bit embarrassing. I remembered everything about Jordan, because she's the best thing that ever happened to me. Sometimes I forgot other birthdays, but never had I once forgotten anything that involved Jordan.

I remembered the exact date we met. Hell, I still remember the exact feeling I had when I saw her for the first time. I still get that feeling sometimes.

"You're not forgetting anything," Jordan smiled, finally saying it. I was beginning to worry, and she didn't have the heart to tell me she was only teasing. She sat down on the couch again, holding her hands behind her back. "I can't just get a present for my amazing boyfriend?"

Boyfriend. Sometimes I still forgot we were only dating. I'm sure most people would think we were married. Everyone already knows we're going to get married sooner or later, I just need to find the right time to ask her. 

Until she called me her boyfriend, I almost forgot about the engagement ring in my pocket. 

But as she smiled up at me, I eyed her suspiciously. "Now I'm thinking that you did something wrong."

Jordan rolled her brown eyes and displayed the wrapped box from behind her back. I thought about what could be in it, but nothing came to mind. "I didn't do anything wrong. I just felt like getting you something..."

"But why give it to me now?" I asked, hoping she'd give me some sort of hint to what was in the box. I took the box from her and waited for her answer.

"Just because," she pushed the box closer to me. "Open it, open it."

I let out a low chuckle at her enthusiasm. "Alright, alright, I'm opening it..."

Jordan sucked in a breath as I ripped the nicely wrapped paper. She looked nervous but excited, and for some reason, it only made me worry even more. I opened the box with ease and looked inside the box. It was a neatly folded shirt.

I picked it up and it unfolded, letting me read whatever was written on the front.

I wasn't sure what I had been expecting, but this wasn't it.

"World's Greatest Dad?" I read out loud, wondering why she had gotten me this shirt. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion as I read the shirt a few more times. I looked between Jordan and the shirt a few more times, waiting for her to explain.