Jesse's POV (23)

"Come on, Emery," I said, pushing my hands against her chest once again. I was talking to her, but I felt as though I was trying to reassure myself.

My mouth covered hers as I tilted her head back, blowing a gust of air into her mouth. She was unresponsive, so I did the cycle over again.

"Wake up, Emery..." There was pain in my voice, more than there was the first few times I did this. What if she didn't make it? My fingers pinched her nose as I placed my mouth on her's again, forcing more air into her chest.

"Don't leave me, Jordan," I shut my eyes, blinking away the tears that began forming in my eyes. My mouth was on her's when she opened her eyes and pushed me away, coughing up the water she had inhaled when she was in the pool. Jordan looked around, taking in her surroundings.

"Alright, she's okay, you can all go back to what you were doing before," Aimee said to everyone who gathered around. There was so many awful things I'd do to that girl, but I couldn't. She almost killed Jordan.

At least she was alright... She was alright! Jordan was alive, and I couldn't take my eyes off of her. I was a little out of breath from performing CPR minutes earlier, but I couldn't have been happier. Jordan's alive and breathing.

She looked at me, giving me a strange look. I decided to try and lighten the mood by saying, "So... Do those count as my seventeen kisses?"

She said nothing, leaning over and wrapping her arms around my neck. She took me by surprise, but I slowly wrapped my arms around her waist, pulling her closer. I needed to be closer.

"No," she sniffed, hugging me tighter as she buried her face into my shoulder. "You can have as many kisses as you want for what you just did. Thank you..."

"No need to thank me, Emery," I breathed, still in shock that I had just saved Jordan's life. If I was just a minute late, she could be gone. Her life could be over. But she was alive, and I was so thankful. "No need to thank me..."

Jordan started to cry on my shoulder, and I did nothing to stop her. I felt like crying right now, too. But I continued holding on to her, scared that if I let go, she'd leave, and I never wanted that to happen.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was sitting in the cabin as usual, Alex making jokes about Jordan and talking about Lexi. It seemed that this was how I usually spent most of my time.

"Do you think Lexi talks about me?" He asked me, and I rolled my eyes. "Maybe I should ask Jordan."

"How are you going to ask her?" I asked, sitting up on the bed. The blonde boy shrugged, pacing around. This girl had him hooked. "You must really like her if you're getting this worked up just thinking about her."

"I do," Alex shrugged before scoffing and turning toward me. "But Jordan has you graveling at her feet. She could ask you to jump off a bridge and you'd probably do it."

I didn't even try denying it.

Alex rolled his eyes, taking my silence as the answer he wanted. All of a sudden, he took off his shirt.

"Alex," I said, covering my eyes. "We are friends. Friends don't give other friends strip teases in their own cabins when anyone could walk in."

"It's just my shirt that's off," he sighed, and I was sure positive he rolled his eyes again. "I've been wearing it for two days straight, and I just had an idea. It's not like I'm going to strip completely naked and start dancing with the other guys in here."

"You never know with you."

Alex threw a pillow at me, picking up a clean shirt. When he was facing the other direction, I saw a strange marking on his back, just below his collar. Alex pulled on his shirt, but that didn't stop me from asking him about it.