Jesse's POV (12)

"Jesse," Marnie gave me a concerned look as she watched me scratching the table I was sitting at with my fingernails. Everyone in the cabin was chatting, and Jordan's friends wouldn't shut up about what her and Dallas were doing.

"I'm fine," I lied to Marnie, touching the table further. I wasn't okay, and she knew that. But what was I supposed to do? She didn't like me, she loved Dallas. The thought itself made my stomach twist. She couldn't love Dallas, could she? Even if I told her how I felt and she actually believed me, there's no promise that she'd actually feel the same way about me.

She hates me.

After Chelsea finished saying something about how she was sure Dallas and Jordan were doing something in Cabin C, she left the cabin to go and see. None of her friends knew I was listening in on their conversation, but I was. The entire time. And I needed Jordan to come back here soon, or I'd walk right over to the cabin and kick Dallas' ass.

Sometime later, the door was being thrown open by Chelsea. Everyone's attention immediately focused on her. But... Where was Jordan?

"Guess what, guess what, guess what!" She cried, her mouth hanging open.

"What?" AJ asked, raising an eyebrow. I wasn't sure if I wanted to know what was happening.

"Yolanda just got asked out on a date! And she said yes!" Chelsea began, and I started breathing again. I didn't even realize I held my breath while waiting for her to say what happened. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the only thing. "But there's something even better than that! I went to Cabin C and what did I see? Dallas and Jordan! Making out! On a bed!" She blurted out.

My heart stopped beating and Marnie shot me a look. The door barged open a second time, revealing Jordan looking tired and embarrassed. She looked over to AJ, Lexi and Chelsea, then to Marnie. Finally, her eyes landed on me, and I leaned back in the chair I was sitting on.

I don't care. I don't care. I don't care.

Marnie was frowning when her eyes locked with mine, and I brushed it off as nothing. "Jesse...?" She spoke softly. I simply closed my eyes and shook my head. When I opened them again, Jordan was still looking at me, and I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"Jordan!" Lexi squealed and held on to Jordan's arm tightly. "It's what you've always wanted! Ever since you were little! Why don't you look excited? We're all excited!"

Jordan couldn't look away from me, and it was making me extremely self conscious. Did she want me to do something? Was I supposed to react differently? I was scared if I said something, my voice would crack. All I had to do was pretend I didn't care.

"I... I am excited," she laughed nervously. Why was she acting like this? "Of course I'm excited. How could I not be? I mean... it's Dallas."

"I know!" Lexi giggled. "This is so exciting!"

"Are you sure that you're not in love with him? Because you seemed so sure of it when you were younger." AJ now asked, walking up to the two girls. I tensed up. She wasn't in love with him. Jordan was not in love with Dallas.

"I- I don't know," Jordan stuttered, shaking her head. "I... really don't know.

If this conversation didn't stop soon, I was going to punch a hole through a wall.

"You told us that you loved him before," Lexi reminded Jordan, giggling as she said it. "So you probably do still love him now! Aw, that's just so sweet!"

I couldn't help myself. I stood up from the chair, making it screech against the floor and fall backward. I didn't look back as I exited through the door. Jordan probably didn't even care that I left. I heard Marnie excuse herself and come chasing after me.