Pull the plug, but I'd like to learn your name

"Prepare for decent." The automated voice interrupted me from my hazy daydream.

The earth slowly started coming closer, as the air pressure made my ears pop and ring.

Peering out, I caught glimpses of the Jersey skyline, which was nothing like the suburban Chicago scene.

Where I'm from is a little shabby, rough and gritty around the edges. Yes, of course there are way worse neighborhoods here I'm sure, but this was one of the rather nicer areas.

As the plane skidded down the runway, eventually gliding to a stop, I shoved my iPod into my leather backpack.

Everyone began to stand, each wanting to be first off the jet.

I hung around the back, completely done with everyone and everything around me.

After I'd gotten my carry on (my only suitcase because my parents were cheap fucks that wouldn't let me check a bag, even if I could I wouldn't have anything to put in it) and pushed my way to the main airport area, I spotted a sign with my name on it next to the Pency Prep logo.

"Great." I muttered, hiking my backpack further up my shoulder as trudged over, suitcase wheeling behind me.

"You must be Tessa?" The man holding the sign nodded to me.

He looked friendly enough, probably in his late 50's, with bright white hair.

"Yes, and you are..." I peered at the name tag on his suit lapel, "Griffin."

"That's me." He smiled and shook my hand.

"Well alright let's go I guess." I shrugged.

"I'm sure you're going to love it here at Pency." Griffin made small talk as we walked past the flow of people throughout the airport.

"Oh yeah." My voice dripped with sarcasm.

Griffin frowned as we walked up to a shiny black limousine outside the doors.

"Oh hell no." I took a step back, looking at the limo.

"What's wrong?" He looked at me, confusion evident.

"It just seems," My eyebrows knitted together, "A little much?"

"Pency Prep is a school of luxurious education." Griffin grinned as he reached and opened the back door for me.

"Of course it is." I smirked, not about to turn down possibly the only limo ride I'll ever experience.

Scooting along the backseat, I took in everything around me.

"Holy shit." Whispering to myself, my eyes scanned the leather interior, mini fridge, and mini flat screen that decorated the inside of the long black car.

Griffin had slid into the driver's seat, which was way in the front and separated by a pane of glass.

Just then my phone blared, Muse's 'Plug in Baby" ringing through the limo.

"Hello?" Who would be calling? Surely not my parents or any of my friends. Who else would even remotely give a shit?

"Hey, I uh...just wanted to make sure you made it to Jersey okay?" Patrick sounded like he was blushing, staring at the ground and being a nervous son of a bitch like always.

"Yeah I'm fine." I responded, still clearly dumbfounded as to why he was concerned.

"Okay that's good um..." There he goes again, acting like he wants to admit something.

"Yeah?" Asking it as more of a question, I tried to draw out what he was trying to say.

"I...I'm gonna have to call you back." He said suddenly, barely letting me get out a 'goodbye' before he hung up.

"Freaking..." I sighed, and toyed with the black rubber bracelet around my wrist.

"He sounds like he needs to grow a pair." Said a male voice from behind me.

"FUCK!" I all but screamed as a short, black haired boy's head shot up behind the row of seats.

"Shhhhh!" He cupped his hand over my mouth as I stared at him wide eyed.

"The name's Frank," He removed his hand from my mouth and extended it to shake mine. "But that doesn't matter 'cause you'll be moaning it tonight anyway."

Frank winked as I looked at him with a mix of cringing and laughter.

"Tessa," I gave his hand a firm shake, "And get ready to be screaming it."

Smirking he high-fived me.

"Nice! Glad someone actually cool is coming to this school instead of the bottle blondes I usually meet back here." Frank grinned.

"Yeah so why are you back here again?" I questioned.

"I like to greet the newbies, see if any new recruits come along. And I feel like the guys will like you." He fixed his hair, which was beginning to swoop too far into his eyes.

"Who are the guys?" I asked again, hoping he wasn't too annoyed with my questions. He seemed like an alright guy.

"My friends, Gerard, his brother Mikey, Ray and myself." Frank beamed proudly.

"If they're anything like you I'm sold." I grinned back at him. "Wait, does Griffin know you're back here?"

"Nah." He waved off the statement. "And even if he did I don't think he'd care. He's one of the few alright people around here."

"Cool." Slumping against the seat, I noticed Frank's uniform.

"Fuck am I going to have to wear one of those?" Eyeing the blazer and tie. I groaned.

"Yup. It sucks." Frank rolled his eyes as I balled up the bottom of my Anthrax tee in my palms.

He noticed and pointed it out.

"Yo you like Anthrax?" His eyes lit up. "So does Mikey! I can't wait for you to meet everyone!"

Frank smiled to himself as if he was mentally plotting my future with this "Mikey" kid.

"Look the last thing I need is to get set up with someone." I stared out the window at the expensive houses that dotted the sides of the road.

"Why? Was that your boyfriend on the phone hmmmmm?" He teased, raising his eyebrows and giving me a knowing look.

"God no! He's just some new kid who stutters and wears hats all the time!"

What? It's true.

Of course I wasn't going to mention that this dorky hat wearer was adorable.

"If you say so." Frank pulled his iPod out of his kaki pocket. "Wanna listen to music? Griffin won't notice and I'll let you know when we're almost there."

"Sure." I somersaulted into the small trunk area where Frank sat and took an earbud.

He scrolled through and pressed a few buttons. 'My Own Worst Enemy' by Lit began blasting.

I looked at him and started head banging along to the guitar intro.

Laughing, he did the same.

Roughy twenty minutes passed as we just sat next to each other in the trunk, listening to and talking about music as the wealthy Jersey mansions flew past us.

"Shit we're almost there go back to the seat." Frank looked up suddenly and I wasted no time diving back into the cushy limo seat.

Not even five seconds later Griffin turned around, sliding the glass panel that separated us to the side.

"Here we are!" He gave a small smile as we pulled into a cobblestone drive that was probably longer than my whole street back in Chicago.

"Whoa." We stopped at a large, wrought iron gate before the security guard waved us through.

"Holy..." I trailed off, taking in the giant building that would unwilling become my new home.

A.N: So I was gently persuaded to make Patrick a more important character to I have. And picture Griffin like the Griffin from that show 'Big Time Rush' (don't judge it was on while I was writing this so it just sorta happened) anyway yeah enjoy. xoxo