Chapter 2

I nearly jumped right out of my skin when the hand touched my shoulder. Somehow i calmly tugged my shoulder away and turned to see who had stopped me. An elderly woman stood there holding out a piece of paper. "Dear, you dropped this."

I squinted at it. "I didn't have any paper ma'am.." I shook my head, but she kept insisting that it was mine. Sighing to myself, i took the paper. She smiled and turned to walk away. I watched her a moment before turning back to the path. I made my steps into to longer strides and slipped the note into my pocket. I did't want to read it out here. Whoever wanted me to get this note was probably still around and i didn't want to be a sitting duck to be caught up. It was about three in the afternoon and the streets were filling up again. The perfect time to simply get lost in the crowd.

*. *. *.

I finally made it home with out the feeling of someone watching me. I locked the door and shut my curtains. The apartment was awful quiet this afternoon. I shrugged it off though, it was just residual feeling from the park. Sitting on the couch curling up,  pulled the note out of my pocket. On the paper in a slanted sharp hand was written; Cam's Coffee 5:30-2pm

I pressed my lips together in a tight line. Whoever was looking for me must have found me. I wasn't sure if they'd found my apartment yet, but I couldn't be too careful now. I stood and pulled out my hand gun that i kept in a box under the couch. Yes, I have a small hand gun and yes I know the under the couch isn't the safest place to store a gun, but that's where I was most of the time.  I figured it would be useful to have since I'm, you know, being hunted down by an assassin. I searched each room carefully but didn't find anyone, nor any signs of being broken into. So either they were good at covering their tracks or my apartment was still safe. I wanted to believe the latter. It was a more comforting thought.

Taking a deep breath I shoved all thoughts out of my head as I walked back to my bedroom. Lifting up the mattress on my bed, I pulled out a small black USB. This held my dads research. Everything he had on the underground parts of the government. I was never fully told what was on this little drive before my dad and little sister were murdered.

It took me a while to figure out how to unlock my fathers USB, but once I had, there was the task of going through and decoding everything. I'm making it sound really cool and all, but it was actually a nightmare. Sometimes I feel like I've deciphered it wrong but most of it flowed and made scenes together, so I must have been doing something right.

I sat on the bed, plugged the drive into my laptop, and started the long process of unlocking all the passwords.

I rubbed my hand over my face. This whole routine was getting tiring. I know it's only been a couple months but I wasn't done with finding or decoding a lot of these files and evidence. No one would believe this claim unless I had evidence. And murder weren't going to be good enough for anyone to look into my claims. I let out a frustrated groan. My own thoughts were telling me this was impossible.

Flopping back on to the bed, I looked at the computer screen and minimized the the pages. This didn't help at all, since my screen saver was a picture of my dad and sister smiling at me as I took their picture  of them in front of a movie poster. I looked at the picture a moment but then buried my face in the comforter.

I missed them so much sometimes. Why did any of this have to happen? We could all be together still, had dad never found any of this..... That wasn't fair to think though. Someone needed to find this and get it out in the open. My dad was that someone and now it's my job to finish his work. And I couldn't finish it if I was whining into my comforter, now could I? I took a deep breath, scrubbed a hand over my face and got back on the computer.

*. *. *.

My stomach had been growling at me for quite some time but I had ignored it . Now as punishment it hurt like that dickens. I glowered down at my stomach. "Why can't you just be hungry patiently?" I said as that as if my stomach would magically answer me, when I knew it wouldn't.

Before I got up I had to shut down my laptop and put the USB back under my mattress. You never know when something might happen and I was just taking precautions...

Now, what for supper? I narrowed my eyes and pursed my lips as a looked at the cupboard above the small stove. "Hmmm, soup, soup, or...soup? This is such a hard decision." I said sarcastically to myself. 

I probably talked to myself more the any normal sane person but I didn't see what was wrong with that.  After all I did spend most of my time by myself.

It looked like chicken noodles and carrots were the win for tonight. I put the soup in a pan on the stove  and looked out the window. The lights were already on outside and it was only six o'clock.

It made me wonder, why darkness is so favored by many people, yet they all illuminate the night with their lights.  Yes I knew of the argument that thief's liked the dark because it let them slip by unnoticed. When in all actuality a good thief could slip by you in the broad day light. So what was it about the night that made people want to change it?  The superstitious said that night hours were for the horrors and revengeful creatures to come out, but that wasn't really true either. 

My thoughts tended to drift off like that a lot. However before i could really get lost in them, I heard the bubling of the water telling me that dinner was just about ready. 

----------------------------------------------------------

A/N 

So, I know that some of you have already started wondering about this persons whos after her, and i'm really having fun reading your comments! If you've got any questions I'll be happy to answer them as long as it doesn't give away my plot.

Tell me what you guys thought about this chapter! I really want to know your honest opinions on it.

Thanks for reading!