19. "Somehow we have children."

Thirty minutes after the shower, Damian and I were finally ready.

"About time," Alexa said from the couch when she saw me. She had her phone in her hand. It was the arm that was casted, yet she still found a way to hold her phone. "I like that top." She complimented before averting her attention back to her phone.

I looked down, suddenly forgetting what I had picked. I was wearing a dark green blouse that I had left here with jeans and my slip-on Vans. It felt weird to dress down. I felt younger. I was going to be walking all afternoon so I wanted to be comfortable. "Thanks," I said.

"Good morning," Damian said to Alexa as he made his way to the kitchen. He, on the other hand, was wearing a black suit. God forbid this man dressed down.

"Morning," Alexa raised her good hand at me and pointed to her fourth finger. "Ring?" She mouthed.

I rolled my eyes at her. "Shut up," I mouthed back.

She burst out laughing and Damian turned to look at us as he twisted open the cap of a water bottle. "What's so funny?"

I couldn't look at him without the images of the shower earlier flooding my head. I felt filthy thinking about that with my little sister in the room so I was glad when Aaron walked in through the front door.

"Morning, love birds," he teased.

Oh God. He was not helping.

"Alright." I sighed as I reached for my purse. "Shall we go?"

"Nice ring." Aaron commented as we walked to the car.

"Shut up," I said with a smile.

The weather was nice outside. The sun was out and it was pleasant now but I knew it would get hotter the longer we were outside.

Aaron put his arm around my shoulders, like he used to back when we were in college. "Just teasing, Reb. I'm really happy for you, kiddo," he said ruffling my hair.

"Aaron!" I complained pushing him away. He laughed while I tried to fix my hair.

Damian unlocked the car and we all got in.

"You are going to love UCLA," Aaron said to Alexa in the backseat. "Man, so many good memories in that school. One look at it, and you're going to forget all about that New York fever."

I shook my head with a smile as I reached for my phone. I noticed I had a few notifications. Some from work, a few texts from Julian...

Hey, been trying to reach you. Call me when you can :)

That was his last text.

I started typing something and then deleted it.

"Everything okay?" Damian asked as he drove.

I locked my phone and put it away. "Yeah," I said looking out the window. "You're not working today?" It had just occurred to me that he wasn't at work.

"No," he said. "I took the weekend off."

"Wow," Aaron said. "First weekend off in, what? Four years?"

Damian rolled his eyes at Aaron through the rear view mirror. "Not necessary, brother."

"Aw, did you do it for Rebecca?" Alexa asked.

"Alexa," I shook my head.

"I did, yes," Damian smiled as he reached for my hand and intertwined his fingers through mine on his lap.

"Goals."

"How is that goals?" Aaron asked Alexa.

"He's taking time off his job for the first time in four years! For his wife! Who also happens to be my sister sot that gives him extra points too!"