A Job

Gotham City
April 3

"How do you think Ivy and Amber are doing?" Harley asks me in her Brooklyn accent, chewing loudly on her gum.

"Probably just fine. You know how the both of them are, very hot headed"

She giggles and stands up straight, swinging her bat around. "Your sister is really good at what she does"

"Are we going to rob this jewelry store or not?"

"We need to wait for the right moment. If we go in too early we'll just get caught right away, I don't wanna have to call puddin to come pick us up again. But if we wait we get a chance of escaping the bats," she explains. "But I don't think you'll mind seeing the boy wonder"

I scoff, rolling my eyes. "He's annoying. Although not as annoying as Kid Flash, which is why I'm glad I didn't have to do the Central City heist, he's still annoying. He is way too serious, but he is Batman's sidekick..."

She clicks her tongue, making me look up from the icicle I was twirling in between my fingers. Something I did when I was bored, play with my powers, more like fidget.

"Time to go!"

I make a slide out of ice, allowing us to slide down from the roof of the building opposite towards an open window of the building we wanted to go in. There were no guards, the lights were off, and no lasers.

"Perfect. Go grab anything you want, I had my eye on something downstairs"

She happily ran down the stairs, not taking the chance of using the elevator since it might set off an alarm. I went over to the place where you could trade and sell jewelry, looking for something specific.

Something had been traded in, two necklaces that made a whole but were the complete opposite. Sort of like Yin and Yang. They both formed a circle when put together. One half had a light blue topaz, the other had a reddish kind of sphalerite. A pure silver chain for the one with the topaz, a pure gold chain for the one with the sphalerite.

They were both shoved in a box underneath the counter, a post it note with the word 'sold' written on it.

"Not anymore," I mumble.

I smirk, grabbing a pen from the desk. Scribbling out the 'sold' I mouth the letters as I wrote 'stolen'.

I put both of them around my neck so I wouldn't lose any of them and jump out from behind the counter, wanting to go find Harley and get out of here. I made sure the necklaces were hidden by my hair.

"What did you take?" A voice asked behind me.

"I didn't take anything," I reply, not facing them.

"I don't believe-"

I turned my head slightly so my voice would sound clear and I wouldn't have to repeat myself. "There was nothing there that I liked. I'm not one for expensive jewelry, my sister is the one that's into that"

"Your name is Snow but wouldn't something with ice in it make more sense?"

I roll my eyes, turning to face the masked sidekick I knew was standing in front of the entrance I took.

"I didn't want to be tied to those other villains like Icicle, Mr. Freeze or Killer Frost. I'm not related to any of them, so a name that is relative to theirs means I am apart of their 'family', which I am not. Plus, I-I honestly don't really like the whole villain thing"

He took a couple steps closer to me, not getting so close where I'd have to start worrying about my chances of escaping, but close enough so I could see his face in the dim moonlight. I was a good fighter, but so was he, there was a 50/50 chance of who'd win that fight.

"Who is your sister again? I remember Kid telling me about her, but I blocked most of what he said out"

"Amber, that girl with red hair, yellowish eyes, fire powers"

"How are you related to her?"

I shrug, telling him the lie that we told every single person who asked. "One parent had Pyrokinesis, the other had Cryokinesis. Clearly I got Cryokinesis"

He nods. "I don't believe a word you just said, but if you told me that, then that means you don't want to tell me the truth. So I won't pry"

"Wow, a sidekick who actually minds their own business," I comment. "The world needs more of you"

I flicked my wrist, making some icicles I made appear in the air fly towards him. He jumps out of the way of each of them, landing in a crouch on one knee, ready to run and tackle me.

He threw some batarangs at me, which I froze in the air. They all fell to the ground, but Robin just ran straight for me instead of throwing some other type of bat themed weapon.

"Robin, stand down," a deep voice ordered directly behind me.

Robin stopped just as he was about to jump and tackle me. I spun, looking up to see Batman looming over me. He had a pair of cuffs in his hands which he quickly slapped around my wrists. I sigh, allowing this to happen.

"Well you clearly aren't whelmed," Robin says.

"I'd be more whelmed if you stopped making up words"

"Batman, earlier she said she doesn't like being a villain," Robin whispers to his mentor.

Batman looks over at me, his eyes narrowed behind his cowl. "Did you?"

He seemed confused about that, because every villain is proud of being a villain, even if heure just a sidekick. They don't care where it takes them, they just roll with it. But I didn't.

"I didn't come here so I could rob this place clean, unlike Harley. The only reason I agreed to this robbery was so I could retrieve a stolen object that belongs to me and my sister"