*28* Beating Heart - Ellie Goulding

"And I don't know where I'm going

But I know it's gonna be a long time

And I'll be leaving in the morning

Come the white wine bitter sunlight

Wanna hear your beating heart tonight

Before the bleeding sun comes alive

I want to make the best of what is left, hold tight

And hear my beating heart one last time

Before daylight."

He brought me inside and silently shut the door behind him. All of the rooms were dark and it was completely silent throughout the house.

"Ok, so how are we going to do this?" I asked.

"I'm not really sure," he replied, "I would offer to have you just share my bed and problem solved, but you probably don't want to do that...?"

Oh, you have no idea how much I would love to. You have no idea how much I just want to drop and tumble right this second. But, that's not exactly a first date kind of thing.

"Well..." I said.

"Say no more, I know, too soon," he said. He looked around for a second, then said, "you can sleep on the couch, and I'll sleep on the floor next to you."

I nodded, "Okay."

He pulled a few blankets from inside a closet nearby, and set them down.

"One problem," I said, realizing something, "I can't exactly sleep in my jersey and skinny jeans."

"Follow me," he replied, and I followed him up into his room.

He rummaged through a drawer and pulled out and old UCLA shirt and basketball shorts.

"Here," he said handing them to me, "you can change in the bathroom, first door to the left."

I left and changed into the giant clothes. They were absolutely humongous on me. But his clothes smelled just like him. Spearmint gum, ocean water, and firewood. I pulled my hair back into a bun and stepped out of the bathroom and back into Jack's room.

"I think this is a little big on me," I said as I walked in, but then I stopped and stared. Jack was shirtless and his jeans were hanging dangerously low. He turned to look at me and grinned.

"I like it," he said, "makes you look little and innocent."

I couldn't respond. I was still staring at him. Yeah, I know that I've seen him like this before, but now he was mine. My eyes followed the chiseled lines of his six-pack. I was interrupted by Jack laughing, and I looked back up at him.

"Like what you see?" he asked jokingly, as he struck a fabulous model pose.

I snorted, "You're a dork."

"It takes a dork to know a dork, baby," he said, still posing over exaggeratedly, "you don't mind this, right? I can't sleep with a shirt or pants on."

I raised my eyebrows, "Pants?"

"I'll still have boxers on!" he exclaimed as I laughed.

"Yeah, that's fine," I said.

Eventually, we headed back down to the living room. I lied down on the couch and wrapped all of the blankets tightly around me. Jack lied down on the ground right next to me.

Jack fell asleep pretty much when his head hit the pillow. I did too, not long after him, his constant breathing lulling me to sleep.

A little bit later, I was surrounded by an area that was all too familiar. The house from Halloween. However, I was standing outside of it. It was pitch black outside, but an eerie glow came from the house.