32. The Black Dahlia

Marcel and I left the bar after our little talk with Vincent. He seemed really sincere and I want to believe him but I guess I have trust issues. "What did you think?" I asked my new partner in crime.

The vampire shook his head lightly. "I don't know what to think. Having Finn Mikaelson possessing him for months made me not trust him."

"Yeah I feel the same way." I sighed. "We do need him if we want to help Bekah. He knows Eva like the back of his hand and that could be beneficial for us."

Marcel nodded. "You're right! Rebekah needs us to be on the same team." He smiled softly. "Do you think Davina will be able to help her."

I smirked. "That little witch is more powerful than all of us combined. Plus, they bonded over Kol which makes me confident about the whole thing." I patted his shoulder gently. "Davina can be a sweet girl when she's not behaving like a brat."

He grinned at me. "You like a Davina, don't you?" I rolled my eyes and he chuckled. "All this time you've been dissing the girl but you enjoy her company."

I sighed heavily and threw my arms down in defeat. "Okay, so Davina is not as bad as I thought, but that doesn't mean I like her." I folded my arms over my chest. "She's just staying with me until I'm sure she doesn't do anything stupid!" I stated, but the truth is that I care about that little witch bitch.

"Davina has a lot of character because she has suffered so much." Marcel stopped right in front of me and stared into my brown eyes. "You don't know her whole story but she's fiercely loyal to those who treat her right and you seem to care a great deal about her."

I nodded and then my phone buzzed. It was Klaus. "What?" I asked in annoyance.

"Sweet Amelia, I need you here right now or I swear I will kill all the maids." The Original hybrid stated dramatically.

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Someone's lunar cycle is messed up!" He yelled something but I couldn't make it out. Klaus Mikaelson treats me like some sort of fixer and always gets himself in sticky situations. Why do I love him?

***

I walked inside the Mikaelson's living room and saw Klaus sitting on the couch with his feet on the coffee table. I crossed my arms over my chest and raised an eyebrow. "Where's the fire?" I asked, my tone full of sass.

Klaus looked at me and smirked. "I'm having a little bit of an emergency with the dinner plans, Amelia."

"What dinner plans?" I questioned while leaning against the wall.

"Great question!" He stood up and walked towards me. "I invited Freya to have dinner here with us." He tucked a strand of my red hair behind my ear. "And I'm counting on you to charm her so I can tell if she's trust worthy or not."

I grabbed Klaus by his shirt and pushed him against the wall while smirking. "You're not trust worthy but I'm here, right?"

He gave me a sly smile and put his arm around my waist. "That is because you are madly in love with me."

His blue eyes were already hypnotizing me so I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I wouldn't say I'm madly in love with you."

"Don't fool yourself, love." Klaus smirked before grabbing my face with one hand and pulling me in for a kiss. As soon as our lips met, I felt an electrifying feeling inside of me. This stubborn man was the only one who could make me angry, infuriated and still love him like the first time. 

***

Freya arrived at the compound and I greeted with a huge fake smile and a glass of champagne. "Good evening, Freya!" I extended my hand and she shook it. "This is a great opportunity for us to start over."

The blonde witch raised and eyebrow. "Last time I checked, you hated me and my father. Niklaus sent you since he does not trust me."

"Greetings, sister!" Klaus smirked while walking to the balcony. "Please, come inside and enjoy a delightful meal prepared by the best chef in New Orleans."

Elijah stepped close to the staircase and linked her arm with his. "Hello, Freya!" He smiled gently and Freya reciprocated the gesture.

Later, during our pleasant dinner, Klaus decided to question Freya. "So, you have spent over a thousand years with that woman, Dahlia."

Freya put her fork down and glared at her brother. "What are you suggesting, Klaus? Just because I still love our father, it does not mean that I'm the bad guy here."

"I was just wondering, all that time spent with someone who raised you must weigh on you." Klaus grinned and I knew he was trying to trick his sister.

The blonde witch took a sip of her wine and then looked at the three of us. "Let's get something straight! Dahlia took me in because of he deal she made with Esther who gave me away when I was just a child." Her tone was bitter and sad. "That woman introduced me to witchcraft when I was only five years-old, but not to my benefit. She wanted my power to remain young."

Elijah looked tentatively at his older sister. "Did she ever hurt you physically?" He asked cautiously.

Freya shook her head. "No, she wanted me alive. The spell she used on both of us required us to sleep for a century and then wake up for a full year in order to harness more magic and enoy our immortality." She sighed. "I tried to kill myself since I couldn't deal with the life I had but to no avail. I am immune to everything."

I looked at her in pity. "That Dahlia sounds like a monster! You were just a child and she took away your sense of normalcy." Then I glanced at Klaus. "What do you know about the deal she made with Esther?"

"The only thing I know is that the deal was made before Esther was born." She informed us. "But she needs firstborns to connect with them in order to use their powers to her advantage since they are quite more powerful. Hope is in danger and I just want to help her. My niece does not deserve the same fate I had."

Klaus left the room and I followed him. "Freya seemed sincere, Klaus. She had a terrible life with an awful woman and I truly believe."

The Original hybrid caressed my cheek gently. "You are quite naive, love." He smiled and kissed me softly on the lips.