16. Plan In Motion

I texted Kol to meet me in my loft and he arrived in time. When I opened the door, his blue eyes locked with my brown eyes and he gave me a smug look. Typical! "You called?" He smirked.

"I texted actually." I smirked and then walked into the kitchen. "Sit! Do you want anything to drink?"

"Just water, please." He replied.

I poured a glass of water for Kol and put some blood in a mug for me. When I arrived in the next room, I handed him the glass of water and smiled. "You know that I called you hear to talk about the upcoming war between Klaus and your mother, right?"

Kol nodded and then looked at me. "I also know you're trying to make me turn against my mother." He leaned forward. "Now, are you going to use Davina to your advantage."

I shook my head. "Davina has nothing to do with this war! Esther has been manipulating you and Finn into thinking she wants her family back, but we both know she intends on destroying Klaus."

"That is exactly what I want." Kol smirked.

My hands traveled to his head and I smirked. "Think about this. If you destroy Klaus, it will awaken a vengeful Elijah and we both know he can be more ruthless than Klaus." I was putting thoughts inside his head. "And Rebekah, so sweet but so reckless... We both know she would die for Klaus." I pulled my hands away from him and noticed he was sweating.

Kol stared at, panting from the hallucination. "I either join Klaus or suffer the wrath of my siblings? Is that the only choice?" I nodded and he leaned back on the couch. "As long as nothing happens to Davina and you, I can think about a brief alliance with my brother." He looked at me. "But only until my mother is defeated. After that, I will seek revenge against him." I nodded in agreement and we shook hands, right before he left.

***

Rebekah called me to meet her at the compound. I arrived and she was waiting for me with Hope on her lap. "I'm glad you're here!" She greeted me with a smile.

I smiled back and gave her a quick side hug, since she had the baby in her arms. "Your call seemed urgent."

She nodded and handed me the baby. "Elijah needs my help and I must go but Hayley is busy at the bayou and Klaus is not home yet. I called you to babysit Hope for a few hours."

I started panicking and covered Hope's ears. "Bekah, I haven't taken care of a baby in decades. What am I supposed to do?"

"Hope loves to listen to stories of princesses and great warriors." Rebekah looked at me with hopeful eyes. "If that doesn't work, just sing to her. It always calms her down." She shrugged and handed me a blanket. "That is Hope's favorite blanket. She can't sleep without it." I nodded and she kissed Hope's forehead and smiled at me. "Thank you." Rebekah winked and left.

I sighed heavily and looked at Hope Mikaelson, the most perfect baby. "What am I supposed to do with you." The baby laughed slightly and my heart melted. "You're so cute! How about I sing you a song?" I smiled and sag to her.

An hour later, Hope woke up and started crying. "Shh little baby..." I held her in my arms and paced around the room. "Okay, I'm gonna tell you a story." I smiled at her. "Once upon a time, there was a king and there was nothing he loved more than his little princess. Things were great and the king was happy, but the kingdom was doomed to crumble when an evil witch threatened the life of the king and his precious princess. The king called his most loyal friends and together they fought the witch just to protect the prettiest princess." I smiled and Hope was finally quiet.

"You're forgetting about the queen." Klaus' voice echoed from behind me and I laid Hope in the crib and looked at him. "The king fell in love with a beautiful woman with long red locks and they lived happily ever after." He kissed my cheek and then looked at his daughter with joy. "Goodnight my little princess!"

***

Klaus and I headed to the living room and I literally plopped on the couch, exhausted from taking care of Hope. "Your little princess is a handful!" I complained.

The Original hybrid chuckled. "She seems to adore you." He looked at me and smiled. "And she's not the only one."

I started twiddling my thumbs, nervous about how close we were. "You're here so I should go." I tried to stand up but Klaus grabbed my forearm. "Klaus..."

He looked at me with pleading eyes. "Please stay! I feel lonely in this huge house. Elijah is not here anymore." I sat down next to him. "I would love to have some company."

I nodded and looked into his blue eyes. "If I don't stay you'll compel me to do it so I might as well use my free will." I rolled my eyes and he looked intently at me.

"I would never compel you, Amelia." Klaus' blue eyes stared deep into my brown ones. "You might not believe me, but I respect you and wouldn't use compulsion to make you do things you don't want to do." His eyes were still locked with mine and, without a warning, I crashed my lips into his and we kissed passionately. My whole body felt like it was on fire.

"Are we interrupting?" I heard Kol's voice and I immediately pulled away, embarrassed by what happened.

Klaus glanced at his two brothers, Kol and Finn, and smirked. "Did you two come to your senses?"

Finn glared at Klaus and stepped closer to us. "We are here to listen to you. But make no mistake, Niklaus, we are not turning our backs to the woman who gave us life."

"Well, I'd prefer you both to join me against our mother." Klaus stated. But, I'll happily settle for one or the other. Either way, if you continue to defy me, your lives will be reduced to an unending sequence of agonizing torture!" He smirked. Kol nodded and Finn extended his hand for Klaus to shake. It was finally settled!