44. Bad Blood

Klaus kept staring at Gia and then walked up to her. "What is your name?" He asked, playing mind games with both Gia and his brother. "Don't be frightened!"

Gia looked at Elijah. "My name is Gia, but you already know that." She replied before facing Klaus.

I walked closer to Klaus and put a hand on his shoulder. "You already have what you came here for. Let's leave!" I pleaded to him.

Klaus grinned but kept his eyes on Gia's. "Let me have some fun, Amelia!" He brushed a strand of hair off Gia's face and smiled. "Sweet Gia, I need you to take your own life right in front of my brother Elijah."

"Leave her out of this!" Elijah shouted, fearing for Gia's safety.

"Do it!" Klaus compelled the poor girl.

Gia had tears running down her face while walking right across from Elijah. "I'm sorry." She took off her daylight ring and burned while screaming from pain. The smell of her burning flesh was too intense and I felt sick.

Elijah got down on his knees and started sobbing. "Why did you do it?" The Original vampire asked in disbelief and hurt. "Gia was an innocent girl and you killed her."

Klaus grabbed an old looking knife and waved it in front of Elijah's face. "Do you remember Papa Tunde?" He asked amused. "I still have his blade." He stabbed his own brother while the latter screamed in pain. "It might not kill, but it is painful just like the gold dagger was for me."

"That's enough!" I yelled at Klaus. "Maybe Elijah was right to dagger you cause you're out of control. I barely recognize you, Klaus." My eyes were filled with disappointment.

The hybrid kissed my forehead. "Amelia, once this is all over you will understand why I'm doing all of these horrible things." His expression dropped. "In the meantime, I have a certain pack to punish." He left while I got on my knees and tried to help Elijah but to no avail.

***

I called Cami to come to Elijah's aid while I decided to speak to Vincent. I was still mad at him for asking Davina to be Regent but I needed his expertise. "I'm curious to know why you called me here." He said, intrigued by my call.

"Let's cut to the chase!" I said. "Klaus compelled Marcel to give him a spell regarding the Crescent Wolf Pack. What do you know about that?" I asked impatiently.

Vincent looked at me. "You mean the Crescent Curse?"

I nodded my head. "Yeah. I need to know what Klaus is up to so I can help Hayley and Jackson." I sighed. "Klaus is really out of control."

The witch gave me a concerned look and it worried me. "The Crescent Curse makes the werewolves remain in their wolf form perpetually except during the full moon. If Klaus casts the spell on the pack, Hayley won't be able to be near her daughter."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "That's why he was so hellbent on getting the spell. He wants to punish Hayley for trying to leave New Orleans with Hope."

Vincent held my hand gently. "Klaus doesn't have the power to cast a spell but Dahlia is. He flet betrayed by everyone around him and wants to punish everyone by siding with Dahlia." He stated.

"Klaus actually sided with Dahlia to destroy her." I pulled away from his hold and smiled to myself. "He probably knows how to waste her by gaining her trust."

He looked really confused at this point. "Do you honestly think Klaus is actually working with Dahlia just so he can kill her?"

I nodded. "It's the only explanation. I mean, it doesn't excuse him from every bad thing he has done but at least he's doing it for Hope." I kissed his cheek and left, happy that Klaus is doing whatever it takes to protect his daughter.

***

After learning that Klaus was actually trying to destroy Dahlia, I decided to head to the compound and prevent Marcel from killing Rebekah. Knowing my best friend, I knew she was going to try to escape. "Bekah!" I called her name.

"Mia?" I heard her voice. She walked outside to meet me and Marcel followed her, getting ready to strike.

I lunged at Marcel and snapped his neck, incapacitating him for a little while. "Are you okay?" I asked my best friend.

Rebekah looked at me and nodded. "I'm fine but I don't know why Marcel is doing this." She seemed really confused and distraught.

I sighed and grabbed her arm, pulling her inside the compound. "Klaus compelled Marcel to kill you if you tried to leave the compound."

"Why would Nik do that?" She asked in disbelief.

I gave her a stern expression and sat on the couch. "Well, you and Elijah neutralized him because you didn't trust him enough to protect Hope." She sat next to me. "But he's working with Dahlia in order to kill her. He knows how to do it, even though you didn't believe in him."

Rebekah sighed. "Nik must want me to return to my original body." She smiled slightly. "He's punishing me but not really killing me."

Marcel entered the room and groaned. "Rebekah..." I could see his eyes filled with pain.

Bekah stood up and walked closer to Marcel, caressing his cheek. "Dear Marcel, I know you do not wish to kill me. It was all Klaus' doing." She stared into his dark eyes. "But you shouldn't kill me and live with the pain of doing it."

"I really don't want to kill you." Marcel stated. "But I can't control it. Klaus' compulsion is strong."

The witch smiled and reached for a letter opener. "That is why I should end my own life and spare you from the pain of killing me." She placed the sharp object near her neck. "Goodbye Marcel!" She turned to me. "Thank you, Mia."

Tears streamed down my face. "Don't do it, Bekah!" I cried.

"It's okay." Rebekah stabbed herself in the neck with the letter opener and bleeded out. It was hard to see my best friend die right in front of my eyes. Marcel got down on his knees next to her body and sobbed. We were both hurting but I know Rebekah will be back sooner than expected.