Chapter 24: The banquet's finale, Liu Yue's hatred

After bustling about all day, it was finally time for the curtains to fall. Overall, the whole birthday party was quite a success and regardless of those from elite business circles or important officials in political circles, they were all pleased when they left. There was no shortage of people who not only wanted to have further collaborations with Lu Corporation, even the wealthy gentry officials who have sons close to Lu Anran’s age wanted to form an alliance by marriage. But the moment these people brought up the topic, they were all oppressed by Lu Jianhao with one sentence: “She’s still too young to be talking about marriage!” and initiated a change in topic.

The banquet this time, not only led everyone to be astonished at Lu Corporation’s abundant financial resources once more, but also allowed everybody to know of Lu Anran’s existence and her position in Lu Jianhao’s heart and in the whole of Lu Corporation.

From the beginning of this banquet, Lu Anran started to openly show her brilliance. This kind of result was very unexpected for Lu Anran, because in her previous lifetime, it was only due to her uniquely superior tastebuds that made her to stand out as an outstanding talent in the Major Food Tournament and led the general population to be aware of her.

The fact that Lu Anran received lavish praises from the media caused Lu Junan’s whole family to boil with rage. Yet, there was one more person whose fury was beyond that of the entire Lu Junan’s family’s rage combined together.

The next day, news reports about Lu Corporation was earth-shattering. It was full of praises lauding Lu Corporation to the skies, as well as eulogies about Lu Anran’s brilliance and beauty! Lu Anran, with her exquisite makeup, smiled lightly while holding a glass of red wine, her eyes full of self-confidence. This kind of picture-perfect image was instantaneously captured into a photograph, and appeared on the cover page of the current magazines and newspapers.

To Chu Yao who was proud and arrogant, this was exactly like a stabbing knife to her heart! After, furiously ripped the cover page of the magazine into pieces, Chu Yao still felt enraged, and swept off all of her books on the table onto the floor.

All of these glories should be hers! Why should that fool be the one to enjoy all these praises? Lu Anran, this kind of idiot is only fit to be ruthlessly trampled under her foot!

At the same time, there was another person who was full of resentment, and that was Director Lin of the Rong Corporation! The first thing Rong Tian did after returning from the Lu Corporation’s banquet was to remove Director Lin from Rong Corporation, leaving him with nothing.

When his lady friend realized that he was fired, she took a huge amount of money and jewellery and vanished from this world nowhere to be found; it was just like she have disappeared from the face of the earth.

Director Lin called Lu Junan and interrogated him. “ Lu Junan! You better give me a satisfactory explanation!”

“Director Lin, you can’t push the blame onto me ah!” Lu Junan current situation was just as unfortunate as Director Lin’s. “I’m stuck in an appalling situation over here as well ah!”

“Stop trying to shirk responsibility!” Director Lin said giving a snort of contempt. “If you didn’t open your mouth, how did Rong Tian know about the agreement between us?”

“It was all because of Lu Anran that slut!” Once Lu Junan speak of Lu Anran he will start boiled with rage. “Didn’t you see all the news reports?”

“……” Naturally Director Lin had also seen the news reports, and it was way beyond his expectations that the little girl at Lu Corporation had such ability. A cold fist clenched his heart when he remembered his delusions before about wanting to play with them both at the same time (*cough* have a threesome *cough*), a shiver went down his back.