Chapter 9: Game Strategy, Appearance of Director Lin

During the siesta break after lunch, Chu Yao came to ask Lu Anran, "Anran...... What's the matter with you today?" It wasn't like her to be putting in such great efforts into her studies.

"You are not happy that I'm studying?" Lu Anran said, moving her eyes away from the book to look towards Chu Yao, the corners of her mouth smiling a smile that is not a smile.

"No... Not at all! How can that be?" Naturally Chu Yao would not say that she was unhappy, she switched and said, "just curious why did you suddenly started studying."

"Because the High School Entrance Exam is just a few months away!" Lu Anran said, "if I don't study, how am I going to enter High School?" while giving Chu Yao an extra note in passing using her eyes: Are you an idiot?

"Uh......" Chu Yao froze, she did not expect Lu Anran the blockhead to be aware of the upcoming High School Examination. On contrary, the other students in the class understood, so it was like this! Chu Yao was completely indifferent, only a few more months left, even if Lu Anran put all her energy and determination to study, it is impossible for her do better than me. It's just that, seeing Lu Anran doing the right thing has put Chu Yao into a bad mood, "didn't you say the last time that you wanted to finish that console game, what was it called, Desert City, right!"

"En, all missions were already cleared!" In her previous lifetime, Lu Anran has played numerous games, with innumerable Krypton gold, she bought the best walk- through guide to Desert City at high price from an overseas computer gamer. At that time, she felt that both the display and CG were beautiful, and each hurdle was also ingeniously designed. She has played it many times over.

"Liar!" Chu Yao could not believe it. She heard that game was one of the most difficult game in the past few years. To clear levels without a guide would require at least a whole year, Lu Anran only used 3 months to clear all levels? How can that be!

"Seriously!" The boys in Lu Anran's class boiled with excitement, "you must be joking!" They were also playing Desert City, and have often discussed with each other in private, it was really difficult, "how did you get out of the front secret room in the Vacant City?"

"You can come out once you have gathered all 4 keys!" Lu Anran remembered that the secret room in Vacant City was one of the hurdles right at the beginning. At that time, she spent three whole months just finding the four keys!

"Where did you find the last key!" Another person asked again.

"The eyes in the portrait of the deceased grandmother." Lu Anran still remembered this one, clicking on the eye triggers memories of the Vacant City which illustrates the life of the grandmother. Lu Anran was so touched that she cried.

"It's actually there!" Everyone had an air of realisation, "Since you have completed all hurdles, what is the ending? What is the grand finale of Desert City?"

"How are all of you going to play if I come out and say it!" Lu Anran shrugged her shoulders, "Play amongst yourselves, I can only tell you that the Desert City is really an excellent excellent game!"

This time, everyone believed the words of Lu Anran, and each one of them was dying for classes to be over so that they could immediately rush home to continue playing. But there were a few pragmatists that did not forget to ask Lu Anran, "Can we ask you if we cannot pass a level!"

"Sure!" Lu Anran nodded, "You can always come and ask me if you cannot pass a level, but the High School Entrance Exam is coming right up, we should still prioritise on our studies! Anyway, the game is right there, it is not going to disappear right! There is only this one chance for the High School Entrance Exam, if missed, you guys will have to wait another year!" Lu Anran expressed her own opinion.

"EN EN!" The classmates changed their views toward Lu Anran.

Seeing Lu Anran becoming one with the masses, Chu Yao was a little dissatisfied, it shouldn't be like this! The only person who integrates well with others should only be herself, Chu Yao! Lu Anran only needs to roll to a corner of the class and sleep like the dead! How can it turn into the present situation! This is too far off from her expectations.

When classes for the day have ended, Lu Anran jotted down the assignments on the blackboard, straightened out her books and stationary, packed it away in her school bag and left the school. She recalled that Chu Yao have a supplementary class, but normally they do not head home together after school, so this time, she did not wait for her.

Lu Anran spotted Old Zhang waiting for her as soon as she came out of the school gates. As the previous car was sent for repair, Old Zhang has changed the car to pick Lu Anran. He was afraid that Lu Anran might not recognise the new car, so he kept waiting at the school gates, greatly fearing that he might miss Lu Anran.

Lu Anran sat in the car, looked towards Old Zhang and said, "Uncle Zhang, is it time for Mum to knock off?"

"Looking at the time...... Nearly!" Old Zhang responded, glancing at the time.

"Let's go pick her up together!" Lu Anran said to Old Zhang.

"Understood, Young Miss." Old Zhang replied. Old Zhang used to pick Ji Rou after sending Lu Anran home from school, today is the first time he is picking Ji Rou directly after picking Lu Anran.

The car smoothly crossed the city center and stopped in front of a 40+ multi- storied building, Lu Anran gave Ji Rou a call using her phone, "Mum, I'm downstairs, come down quickly!"

"Eh? You are downstairs?" Ji Rou was a little surprised.

"En! Uncle Zhang gave me a lift here!" Lu Anran replied, "Hurry and come down! Let's go grocery shopping together!"

"Okay! Be good and sit in the car and wait for Mum!" Ji Rou hurriedly packed her things after hanging up the phone. She delegated some matters to her own secretary, and headed downstairs.

Lu Anran was bored waiting in the car. She caught sight of a grey Cadillac car parked beside her own car, a 200- pound fat man of about 165cm tall alighted from the car, in his hands were a large beautiful bouquet of delicate roses.

His phone rang as he passed Lu Anran at her side window. The phone connected with what seems to be this man's lady friend. Their disgusting and obscene dirty talk caused Lu Anran to feel somewhat nauseated.

Seeing Ji Rou emerged from the office building, Lu Anran smiled and opened the car door on the other side. Once she alighted from the car, she noticed that the wretched oily man from before had hung up the phone and was approaching Ji Rou with the bouquet of roses.

All Ji Rou felt was awkwardness and aversion when confronted with this man's pestering. "Mrs. Lu, I have been standing here waiting for you for more than an hour already! In any case, you should give me some face!" This man is really a trash that lie without even blinking an eye.

"Director Lin, I really do not have time!" Ji Rou continuously shove off the roses that were pushed in front of her.

"Why would you have no time?" Director Lin said, "Aren't you just getting off work? It happens to be dinnertime too. Would be great to have a meal together! We can even discuss the plan in collaboration with your Lu Family." Director Lin used work as an attempt to force Ji Rou to give in.

"You can talk to Lu Junan about matters regarding work, there is nothing to be said between me and you." Ji Rou truly did not want to talk any further with this person. This person is really annoying! In her heart, she couldn't help but resent Lu Junan for bringing such a large nuisance into her life.