Chapter 5: Isn't Adding Up....

Comincia dall'inizio

"Jake?" Nicole spoke and I stood up straight and looked down at her. Mark was right behind her his arms crossed over his chest. "You okay?"

"I'm fine just thinking." I told her and she nodded lightly then looked at the door.

"I guess the old man told her, huh?" She said and I nodded.

"Yeah." I said.

"I'm going for a run and Mark is coming along so you know." She said and I nodded again but then stopped, she's leaving something out. I turned my head and narrowed my eyes at her.

"Why?" I questioned.

"Just to relax." She answered.

"Your lying." I spoke and she exhaled a breath.

"Dang I forgot about your little power." She mumbled annoyed and I grinned brightly. "We're going to meet Peter, he wants to see us." She told me and I nodded.

"Okay, anything else?" I asked her and she glanced at the door again before lifting her arms and taking off the necklace. She held it out to me, I stared at it confused. I don't see why she's giving me Drake's necklace it's been on her neck for a year now. "Why?" I questioned and she looked at the door again.

"Give it to Zelly, it might help." She told me and I nodded as she placed it on my hand.

"Are you sure?" I asked her and she nodded.

"Yeah." She told me then Mark placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Peter's going to be there soon, we should go." He spoke and Nicole glanced at him then smiled.

"Okay," She looked back at me. "We're going now." She told me and I nodded.

"Don't go anywhere else." I warned her and she rolled her eyes then they both left. I turned around then opened the door to the room and walked in to my father giving Zelly a fatherly like hug. I raised an eyebrow at him, he pulled away from her and handed her a box of tissues. She just wrapped her arms around her legs and continued crying, I looked at my dad and he sighed scratching the back of his head.

"Did you tell her?" I asked and he nodded lightly staring at the ground. I sat down next to Zelly and wrapped my arm around her shoulders. My wolf growled at me in protest because she isn't my mate. I ignored him and pulled Zelly into a hug trying to calm her down.

*What the hell are you doing?*

Shut up would you, I'm just trying to comfort her.

*She isn't my mate.*

Our mate, and if I'm going to be Alpha then I need to care for my pack.

*She isn't part of the pack*

She's Drake's mate, Zelly is apart of this pack.

I growled at him and he fell silent which was just what I needed right now. I rubbed her back and glanced at my dad, he raised an eyebrow at me and I rolled my eyes at him. After a minute she pulled away from me and looked down at my hand that was holding Drake's necklace.

"I smell Drake on that." She managed to say wiping her eyes and I nodded lightly showing it to her.

"Yes this was Drake's necklace, this was one of his wolf teeth. Nicole had it with her for the last year but since Mark has wakened you, she thought you would need it more." I told her placing it in her hands. She looked at it then smiled weakly. "Who's Nicole?" She asked and I smiled at her warmly.

"Drake's little sister."

"Tell her I said thank you." She told me and I nodded as she slipped the necklace over her head.

"I'll make sure to do that." I replied just as the door opened and Sammy walked in with a big tray of food for Zelly. She narrowed her eyes at me and I gave her a toothy grin standing up. "Zelly, I would like you to meet my mate Sammy." I told her and Zelly looked at my mate and smiled weakly again.

"Hi." Zelly spoke quietly and Sammy smiled then looked at my father then me.

"Okay, Alphas out now." She spoke loudly and I looked at her weird, my dad raised an eyebrow at her.

"What? Why?" I questioned and she glared at me.

"Now, I'm going to talk with Zelly. So both of you get your werewolf behinds out." She growled and I backed up holding up my hands. My father laughed loudly then left then room but I didn't. Sammy sat the tray on the nightstand by the bed and turned walking up to me, I didn't move.

"Why do I have to leave?" I questioned crossing my arms over my chest.

"Out now." She spoke calmly and I raised an eyebrow at her. "Now." She growled at me. I quickly leaned down and kissed her cheek before walking out, I heard her mumbled some curse word at me that made me just grin more.

I love Sammy.

"I heard that you tick off Sammy." My father spoke as I walked past the kitchen, I looked over at him and smiled quickly, he chuckled.

"Yup." I replied, "I'm going to go see Nicole." I told him about to leave but he looked at me weird. I stopped.

"Where and why?" He questioned.

"She and Mark went to the waterfall to meet Peter, I don't know why though." I answered and he nodded slowly.

"Be sure to get back here in about four hours along with Nicole and Mark, I'm going to call the Alpha of the WindStone Pack now to tell him that Zelly has wakened." He told me and I nodded. "He's hopefully going to arrive then and I need Nicole, Mark and you all present. What's going to be happening is serious since it's been over a year that she's been in a coma and because of the death of her mate, we have to agree what pack Zelly is going to be in now that Drake's gone." He added and I narrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"She's going to be in her pack, it's easy." I told him and he exhaled a heavy breath shaking his head.

"No but there's a little problem and Nicole is involved in it."

"What problem?"

"You didn't notice?" He questioned and I shook my head. "When you find Nicole smell her." He told me and I looked at him totally weirded out.

"Why?" I questioned.

"I could barely smell Drake's sent on her." He explained and I shrugged.

"So she's always had Drake's-"

"No the sent I'm talking about smells fresh like he was just near her." He interrupted and now he got me interested. "It wasn't long ago either last night it had to be."

"But he's dead." I told him and he groaned rubbing his temples.

"But he body was never found, it could quite be possible that he's maybe somehow alive." He said unsure of himself, I shook my head. This just isn't adding up, Nicole said that he got shot with a silver bullet near the heart he died in just a few minutes. "But there was also a tiny bit of another sent mixed into his also but I con't put my finger on what it was."

"This doesn't made sense now." I spoke and he nodded.

"I know but keep a close eye on her and see if her mood changes or anything, most importantly don't tell her about this little conversation we had." He said and I nodded my head.

"Kay."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UUUGGGHHH! I'm so sorry for the super late upload but I've have had a major Writer's Block for the past two weeks and I could think straight then my sister is having her graduation party tomorrow and I've been helping my mom clean everything and in all that I managed to write this up. I know it's my greatest work but I'm hoping to upload soon.

Comment.Vote.Please.