chapter 3

"what-what was that?" Hermione's voice was soft and low, and when she looked at Draco her eyes were full of terror and he could tell what she was thinking. the war was over, Voldemort was dead.

"Granger, let's not jump to conclusions just yet, it-it could have been anything." Draco wasn't just trying to convince Hermione and she knew it, he was trying to convince himself just as much.

they stood in silence for a second until they heard a scream, Hermione knew who it had come from the minute it had left their mouth.

"Ginny-" the word came out choked and the tore away from Draco trying to find out if her best friend was okay.

"GINNY!!! ARE YOU- are you....okay?" Hermione started but stopped when she saw Ron pinned up against a wall with her wand at his stomach.

"yes, I'm fine. but he will not be once I'm through with him" Ron whimpered and Draco could tell that she was applying pressure into his stomach, he couldn't help himself, he sniggered at the sight.

"what happe-" Granger started but Ginny cut her off,

"could you explain... that," she said quietly just so Draco and Hermione could hear, Hermione looked confused than at the same time, Draco figured out what she was talking about.

Draco looked down realising that Hermione and he had been holding hands the entire time. Hermione's face flushed and he couldn't help but smile at her, she was absolutely gorgeous. then she looked up at him and they let go of each other's hand, reluctantly.

"I'll explain later Gin, please tell me whats going on" Hermione wasn't the least bit embarrassed and Draco felt a sudden urge to lift her up, swing her around and kiss her. he didn't, needless to say, but oh how he wanted to.

"couldn't even wait an hour after me dumping you before you went running to little ferret over there could you?" Ron sneered, and just as Draco was about to say something but Ginny beat him to the punch, quite literally at that.

"YOU PSHYCO BITCH!!! HOW DARE YOU PUNCH YOUR OWN BROTHER?" weasel roared.

"Oi, slugs for brains, I'd shut up if I were you." a new voice came

Draco's head whipped around, he'd know that voice anywhere-

"BLAISE! I swear mate, I thought you were-" Draco didn't get to finish Blaise pulled him into a hug and Draco hugged back squeezing his only real friend as tightly as he could.

"why are you defending Ginny, I'm glad you are mate cause if you hadn't I would, but uhm..." he whispered into Zabini

"she that girl over there, I've been in love with her for as long as you've been with granger" he mumbled back and Draco was honestly not that surprised.

"and who are you to talk to me, Zabini?" the little weasel shot back. but no one was paying attention because ginny had dropped her wand and was running full pelt at Blaise.

she jumped at him, and he caught her in a tight embrace, she pulled her face back kissed him right on the mouth, then pecked his noes before her expression turned cold. she flew herself off of a very confused Slytherin and started to punch him in the chest over and over again until she was too weak to hurt him anymore.

"I DIDN'T KNOW *punch* WHERE *punch* YOUR WERE *punch* FOR ALL I KNOW YOU *punch* WERE DEAD *punch*" she was crying now and Blaise pulled her into another hug.

"Shhh, shhh, I know sweets, I know" he soothed into her fiery red hair.

draco and Hermione exchanged a look but brushed it off, they had both known that something was going on between there two best friends but didn't know what exactly.

"CRU-"

"EXPELLIARMUS" Draco yelled at Ron, Hermione couldn't believe her ears...

"did he just-" she began

"yes," Draco seethed, clutching Ron's wand in his left hand. they both turned when they heard fast footsteps coming up behind them.

"Malfoy, why do you have Ron's wand?" Harry questioned, everyone, noticed harry's hand intertwined with Lovegoods but no one said a word.

"he tries the cruciatus on Blaise, but Draco disarmed him before he had the chance" Hermione explained slowly, still not believing that this was the same man from her younger years.

"Lovegood, so help me if you don't get these bloody vines-" Ronald started but he didn't get to finish because to everyone surprise Luna turned around a hissed at him, yes hissed

"no, you dare hurt someone with an unforgivable curse!? Do you dare to do it to someone who makes your own kin so happy? you are a coward Ronald Weasley and you can find your own way out of those vines."

no one could speak, Luna Lovegood had said that!

"I should let the nargles get you..." then everyone sighed out a breath that they didn't realise they were holding in because Luna had become herself once more.

harry turned to Ron, his eyes wide with disbelief, "Ron did you-"

"yes, he touched her, he KISSED HER" Ron practically whined

ginny and Hermione turned to each other, nodded and walked up to Ron.

ginny delivered the first punch

"that was for me"

hermione punched

"that was for me"

hermione punched again

"that was for cheating on me"

she went again

"for calling me a mudblood"

and again

"and for trying to hex Draco"

then Ginny went at him

"for cheating ON MY BEST FRIEND"

then she went twice in a row

"for trying to use an unforgivable curse on the love of my life"

Granger and Weasley turned to each other, nodded yet again and both kneed him in the crutch

"and that's for upsetting Luna," they said at the same time. they stormed back into the arms of Draco and Blaise, who were trying hard not to laugh but were failing quite miserably.

the six of them looked over at Ron, he had a split eyebrow and lip, a crooked nose that was bleeding, and an eye that was already starting to bruise. it was quite peculiar to see, but none the less, the six of them walked away, Draco and Hermione, Blaise and Ginny, and harry and Luna hand in hand.

they walked for a while until the came to where the whomping willow used to stand when Harry began to talk.

A/n- okay okay. Yea I'm not the best writer but I'm getting there. Tell me what you think please!! 🖤🐍