Don't Worry About It

Summary: Your boyfriend doesn't like how close you and Billy are

Warnings: graphic depictions of violence, domestic abuse!!, cursing

Word Count: 1,695

--

You and Billy had been best friends for a few months now, and everyone in school knew that. So him leaning against your locker, arms practically trapping you against the blue metal, was nothing to be shocked by. He was grinning down at you, twirling a strand of your ponytail around his finger, while he waited for you to get your things out of your locker. It was the end of the day, and he wanted nothing more than to go to your house and relax by your pool (maybe throw you in it, but you didn't need to know that).

"Let's go, gorgeous. It's only going to get hotter," Billy sighed, tugging the strand he had between his fingers. You hissed and shot him a glare, swatting at his fingers.

"It's 3 o'clock. So actually, it's only going to get cooler, genius," you drawled, finally shutting your locker and zipping your bag. You tossed it to Billy, forcing him to hold it for you as the two of you left the school.

"Doesn't matter, as soon as my body hits your pool, it's all gonna feel the same to me," he moaned, stretching his arms above his head.

"Son of a bitch," you hissed, suddenly snatching your backpack from Billy.

"Wh- what's the matter, you forget something?" he questioned, starting to turn back towards the school.

"No, Drew's here. I can't go with you, Billy. I didn't know he'd show up, I'm sorry. I'll uh... I'll call you later tonight, alright? We can probably swim tomorrow or somethin', I'll lie and say I have a doctor's appointment," you spoke quickly, warily looking from the blond beside you to a tall brunette waiting at the curbside of the parking lot.

"What? No, this was planned all fucking week. He can suck it. I'll go tell him myself," Billy began, starting to stalk down the steps.

"Billy, no!" you snapped, grabbing ahold of his wrist and pulling him back. "It's not a big deal, alright? Maybe I can get rid of him in an hour or so, and we can still swim. Just please, go home, okay?"

"I really hope you don't talk about me like that," Billy huffed, licking the inside of his lips as he glared at the other boy. Your cheeks flushed as you realized what you said, but you shook your head.

"Just please?"

Billy looked down at you and sighed in defeat. "Yeah, alright. Call me once he's gone," he grumbled, reaching down to kiss the top of your head. Your heart raced in panic, eyes darting over to Drew who stood up straighter. Billy left your side, heading over to his Camaro with a final wave.

You cautiously made your way over to Drew, offering him a smile and a kiss on the cheek. "Hey, babe, I wasn't expecting you today."

"Didn't realize I had to schedule appointments to hang out with my own girlfriend," he hummed, wrapping an arm around your waist. You winced, but your smile didn't falter.

"You know that's not what I meant. But come on, let's get going. It's hot out," you smiled, giving him a quick kiss before sliding into the car. Drew went around and got in as well, flashing you a disapproving look as he went.

--

It was around six o'clock when you were finally able to call Billy. Drew wasn't gone, but he was in the bathroom, and you needed to call Billy to let him know tonight wasn't going to work out.

"Hey, Hargrove, uh, yeah, tonight isn't uhm... tonight isn't going to work..."

"What? Why not?"