Proof of Caring (smut)

Request: "Hi there! i was wondering at some point could you write a story with billy hargrove and the reader and in the story basically the girl reader likes billy but doesn't like how he acts or presents himself so she plays hard to get but lowkey wants to fuck him but tries her hardest not to show it & one day billy and her end up hanging together (can be anyway u like, at a party or just whatever) and he ends up seducing and teasing her and she finally gives in. thanks so much! if not its fine!" & "Can you do a Billy Hargrove imagine where he changes for the reader in a good way and they have sex. It's her first time and it's smutty and fluffy?"

Summary: Billy wants to prove to you how much he cares about you, and how much he's changed.

Warnings: cursing, oral sex

Pairing: Billy Hargrove x fem!reader

Word Count: 2,591

A/N: This isn't full-on smut, and there's not much plot.

"Hey, doll," the familiar voice of Hawkins' egotistical maniac rang out beside you. You had to suppress an eye roll as you peered around your locker door to give Billy an unamused look.

"Yes, Hargrove?" you questioned, not in the mood for his usual antics. It'd been a bad day. A very, very bad day. You'd been late to school because your dog had decided to run out the front door, and while chasing him, you had fallen and ruined your pants, while also scraping your knee. Not only that, but you walked in late to your Calculus test, and your teacher wasn't going to allow you to makeup it up unless you stayed after class for an hour and a half, helping her tutor other students tomorrow. Then, you'd forgotten your lunch during the hassle of getting to school. Overall, you were pissed off and angry.

"What happened to your knee? It's bloody," Billy stated obviously, his eyes trained on the stained pant leg.

"Why do you give a shit?" you snapped, slamming your locker shut. Unfortunately, when you had whipped your head around to look at him, your hair got caught in the frame of the locker, getting trapped. You cried out in pain, instantly trying to tug your hair free.

"Hey, hey!" Billy called out, trying to get you to stop moving. "Give me the combo, you don't wanna be walking around with a bald head, gorgeous," he said sternly, grabbing your hand so you could no longer pull at your (h/c) hair.

"Then what? You break into it later?" you growled, trying to tug at it again, but Billy's grip was too strong.

"No. Then I take you to the nurse, get you an ice pack and shit for your knee, and you go home," Billy snapped just as harshly.

For the past month and a half, Billy had been trying his hardest to get you to notice him. Sadly, it had been the wrong attention. Anything he did, you found a way to make it seem horrible. When he brought his grade up in your shared Chemistry class, you accused him of cheating. When you saw him helping Max out at the arcade, you said it was just to 'pick up chicks' with the big-brother act. When he offered to drive you home in the rain, you told him he was just gonna force you into his house. But the truth was, Billy was trying his hardest to change. Not just for you, but for himself. He didn't want a repeat of California. He didn't want his dad to keep beating him because he couldn't keep his anger in check. And he just wanted you to see how hard he was trying. But nothing was working, and he was so close to giving up. With everything.

As for you, you wanted nothing more than to believe that Billy Hargrove was changing. That the angry, psychotic teenager was being mellowed out. But you couldn't, not yet. When Billy had first walked through Hawkins High School, you were captivated. Utterly starstruck. But then you noticed that so was everyone else. Which means if you were ever to get your chance with him, so would the entirety of the high school population, and you didn't want to be added to a rotation. Then when Steve came to school looking like roadkill, and Billy's hands bandaged, you told yourself it was never going to happen. But now? Now Billy's changing. And whenever a good milestone makes its way into his life, he manages to tell you about it. Always you. You caught on quick that Billy was doing it for you, at least partially, and it made your heart swell. You wanted nothing more than to help him. But he needed to do it on his own if it was something that he truly wanted.