Chapter Twenty-Six: She Talks to Angels

Start from the beginning

"Rachel Winchester," She looked just above my shoulders, "You're wings are coming in nicely."

"Do not talk to her." Castiel snapped. Sam and Dean had both warned me about who Castiel was. About what he used to be, and what he was capable. Those five words that fell from his lips confirmed all the stories and warning. Divine energy, my ass. Castiel was a walking atomic bomb with a deep seeded hurt towards the betrayal he suffered at the hands of Heaven.

"Relax Castiel," Charmeine said, the same fake smile plastered to her thin lips, "The child is in no immediate danger." Bullshit.  I thought silently.

"Manners, Winchester." She said sternly, "Everyone can hear your thoughts here." Well then, you're all in for a treat, you fu-.

"Rachel," This time it was Castiel's stern warning that made me shut up.

"Sorry," I stated, feeling a slight bit of shame.

"What do you want with her?" The angel's smile faltered slightly at his question.

"We just want to talk with her." Her gaze fell upon me again, her dark eyes locking intently on my face, "She is rather remarkable after all." Another shudder passed involuntarily through my body.

"Indeed," Cas's reply was guarded. The sound of wings made me turn around, as two more angels flanked us. Their faces were expressionless, but I could tell by the glint in their eyes that they were on edge. Their gazes flickered briefly to me, before returning to Charmeine.

"Follow me, if you will," She turned on her heel and began to walk down the hallway.

"Like we have a choice," I murmured, stepping up to walk side-by-side with Castiel. He gave me a sideways glance, "What? They are going to hear it if I think it, so I might as well say it outloud." He shook his head and murmured one word: "Winchesters." I tilted my head at the response.

"Ouch." I replied, gaining another shake of his head. For as long as Cas has been apart of our family, I think he forgets how ridiculous and sassy any of us can be at a given time, especially in the face of a potential deadly situation. It was one of our many specialties. I felt my heart drop suddenly. My family had no idea where I was. The only thing that they had to go on,  was that Castiel just randomly appeared in the backseat, freaked out, and then poof we were both gone. It had literally been less than a month since the last time I had disappeared.

"Cas," I hissed, "Does Dean know where I am?" The angel looked at me with distress. Based on that reaction alone, I knew that the answer was no. "Fantastic."

Charmeine led us down an few other hallways before she came to two large glass and metal doors. She opened the door on the right hand side and led us into the room. The interior of the room reminded me of the therapy rooms in the Psychiatric Hospital, except everything was perfectly composed here. Nothing was out of place.

"Please, sit" She instructed, pointing to two uncomfortable looking chairs. I hesitated, but Cas nodded at me and we both took a seat. "I must say," Charmeine continued, "It is remarkable to have you here Rachel. We have been following you for some time, but you were always just out of reach." Her words were not directly menacing, but I knew better than to trust her at face value. From the moment my wings started to grow, Castiel warned me that Heaven would be one of the entities that would be hunting me. It was one thing to understand that they were watching me, and a whole other thing to have the hunting confirmed. Charmeine studied my face, her bright but seemingly dead eyes made me stir in my seat. I felt Evangeline everywhere here.

"You said you wanted to talk, so talk," the words slipped from my mouth in a hushed tone. It felt weak, but I don't think I could have talked louder if I tried. She smiled.