Chapter V

Sounds of staff running around in a blind panic filled the cold air of the cellars. Victor kept his hand on the small of Lana's back as they navigated the cellar's quickly. Once they got to an opening, he pushed a gun in her hand, making her turn around in surprise.

''Lana, listen to me, alright?'' His voice was hushed as the footsteps of security were heard in the hallway just opposite to him and Lana, ''You're quicker than me, I need you to bring the car out front as fast as you can, without drawing too much attention, got it?''

He pushed the car keys into Lana's hand, who looked up at him in confusion.

''What will you do?'' she asked, shaking a little from the panic building up inside of her.

''The front of the building, Lana. You'll have to meet me there.'' Victor quickly scanned the environment and pushed Lana in the direction of the exit.

''Please, leave the questions for later.''

Lana took a deep breath and focused on her task. She curtly nodded at Victor and started for the exit as casually as possible. The sound of her heels clicking against the tiles echoing in the drippy darkness.

Meanwhile Sam had gotten himself in quite a bit of trouble. Bullets whizzed past his head as he took cover behind a shelf, yelling into his earpiece in a panic. Nevertheless replies were lost as yet another magazine of bullets was emptied near his body.

Sam felt the familiar tug of fear on his heart as he knew he could be seconds away from his demise. His mind snapped back to Nathan and himself, when they were young. They'd gotten into so much trouble it was almost impressive. He would never forget the angry faces of the nuns when they told him to leave.

Fast forward. Nathan and him on the bike when they planned to steal their mother's stuff. Nathan's tears when Sam told him he had to leave. And his guilt, the guilt that continued to weigh upon his chest years after.

Then the prison, feeling everything turn black as he fell down, only to awaken to the faces of doctors instead of the face of his brother.

And then she was smiling. Slightly crooked, framed by her red lips. Her hair stuck to her lipstick as she turned her head and looked away from him.

His gun was slumped to his side as he thought of the woman he'd met only a few hours ago. He didn't believe in love at first sight, he never had. So, was it interest? Amazement? He didn't know. What he knew for sure is that he wouldn't die tonight, even if it was just to see those eyes one last time.

And his wish was granted, as the shattered glass that exploded from the window near him revealed his brother saving his ass once agian.

Lana had found her way to the car in the mean time, which hadn't been easy. The parking lot in front of the building was a hazard. Her dress was ripped at the bottom in her haste. She didn't really care, though. It wasn't like she paid for it.

Fumbling with the keys for a second, she opened the car door and stepped in. Putting the car in reverse, she was pleased to see the sea of people parting for her. She quickly, but carefully, drove the car to the front of the building where more expensive cars were parked. Impatiently drumming with her fingers on the steering wheel, she glanced at the entrance of the building every so often.

After a while Victor's familiar face surfaced between the panicked crowd. Lana let out a sigh of relieve as Victor threw himself in the passenger's seat.

''The side of the building. They're under heavy fire,'' Victor said, a little too loud for Lana's taste. ''Hurry!''

Lana stomped her foot down on the gas pedal and sped down the parking lot. She jerked the steeringwheel as she went, causing Victor to grab his seat belt dramatically. Eventually, the familiar faces of the brothers appeared.