Bewitched (END)

Tiffany was putting the final touches on her make-up when the buzzer rang. She grabbed her purse and ran out of her bedroom like mad.

"Hello?" she spoke into the receiver on the wall and smiled when she saw Taeyeon's face on the small display, waving at her.

"Hi, it's me. Ready?" asked Taeyeon.

"Yeah. Be right down."

Tiffany did one final check of her appearance in the hallway mirror before leaving the apartment, skipping all the way to the elevator while humming a random tune. She couldn't be more excited for her first official date with Taeyeon.

When the elevator reached the ground floor, Tiffany stepped out and saw Taeyeon waiting for her near the door, wearing a smile on her face with hands behind her back.

"Hi!" greeted Tiffany cheerfully.

"Hey. You look great for someone who hasn't slept all night," commented Taeyeon, referring to their phone conversation earlier that day when Tiffany told her that she was finally done with work but at the cost of not having slept a wink all night.

"I had plenty of help from good old caffeine and Red Bull."

"Those things aren't good for you," said Taeyeon. "Don't drink them too often."

"I won't. Now shall we get going?"

"Okay but first..." Taeyeon took out a lone stem of red rose from behind her back and gestured it towards Tiffany as her cheeks turned the same color. "I'm sorry I couldn't get you a bouquet. The shopkeeper said that the sudden cold weather is making it hard to get fresh flowers lately."

Tiffany's smile widened until her eyes disappeared into two perfect crescents. "Thank you!" She took the rose and sniffed it. "You shouldn't have."

"I want to."

Taeyeon then began walking with Tiffany next to her, still smiling while holding the rose tightly.

They took Taeyeon's car to the mall, sharing random conversations about everything and nothing along the way.

When they arrived at the cinema, Taeyeon told Tiffany to choose what movie she'd like to watch.

"Nuh-uh. You're the one who's supposed to decide," refused Tiffany.

"But it's just a movie," argued Taeyeon. "I have nothing specific I want to watch so it's better if you decide. I'm deciding to let you decide," she said, making Tiffany smile.

"Okay. I'll choose the movie then."

"Great. I'm also deciding that we're sharing the popcorn, by the way," Taeyeon said as they stood in line to get tickets.

"I like your decisions."

They exchanged grins and queued for the tickets and snacks patiently.

Halfway through the movie, Taeyeon turned her head to see Tiffany lifting her legs onto the seat after taking her shoes off, crossing them as she focused on the moving images on the screen. She smiled to herself, noting the behavior as a good sign that Tiffany was comfortable being around her.

She preferred these kinds of casual dates rather than the stiff and fancy outings although taking Tiffany to a fine dining restaurant would be a nice change one day.

So Taeyeon decided to follow suit, taking her sneakers off and crossing her legs in her seat as well.

Tiffany noticed the movements from the person next to her and turned her head. "Copycat," she whispered.