Bewitched (Part 6)

Start from the beginning

She's gonna be all alone now, she quietly told the witch. Can't you send her someone? Another pet maybe? A real one this time.

She's gonna be fine. You'll see, replied Sooyoung as she bowed to Taeyeon politely and took her leave.

Tiffany kept her eyes on Taeyeon until the elevator door closed. She sighed, feeling as bad as when she first realized that she was no longer human. Maybe even worse this time.

"What now? You're going to raise me as your own?" she asked, barking at the woman.

"No." Sooyoung lifted the dog, turning her around to look at her. "Have you learned your lesson?"

"Depends."

The woman chuckled, amused by Tiffany's resistance and pride. "I know you have. I wouldn't have come for you this quickly if you haven't."

They arrived at the lobby and the woman carried Tiffany inside a waiting car.

She told the driver Tiffany's address, surprising the latter.

"You're going to let me live at my place but as a dog? That is impossible and you know it."

"Sshh," the woman shushed Tiffany. "Be patient and you'll see."

Tiffany lay down on the leather seat, looking up at the outside view through the window, thinking of Taeyeon and how bad she must be feeling right now and how quiet the apartment must be. Please be okay, Taeyeon. I'll go back and see you again somehow. I'll beg and nag this witch to bring me back even if it costs me yet another weird transformation. Do you like frogs, Taeyeon? Just in case she turns me into one next.

Don't be silly.

Tiffany lifted her head when she heard the witch's voice and turned to look at her to find her smiling.

I don't like frogs and you don't have to nag or beg.

Then what are you planning?

Patience, Tiffany. That's also something that you must learn. Sooyoung took out her phone and began typing in it, ending the silent conversation with the dejected looking dog.

—-

"What's your passcode?" the witch asked once they were standing in front of Tiffany's apartment door.

"I thought you knew everything?"

"Not everything. Plus, I wanna be polite and not just barge into someone's apartment."

Good to know, thought Tiffany. She barked the numbers –since no other human around could understand her anyway– and let Sooyoung open the door.

She was placed on the floor and couldn't help but run around her place, going from the couch to the kitchen and to her bedroom, wagging her tail while sniffing the familiar, welcoming scents. She missed being home.

"So what have you learned?" asked Sooyoung as she sat on the couch.

"You want me to say that you were right? Fine. You were right. I've been a selfish, self-absorbed human being. There. I said it."

Sooyoung cracked a small smile.

"You could've told me all this without turning me into a dog, you know. You're hurting Taeyeon as well."

"How am I hurting her?"

"By giving her a friend and taking that friend away in less than a week."

"She's not lonely, Tiffany. She may live alone and likes being alone but she's not really lonely. She has friends. Your business partner Key is one of those friends."