Quidditch, Pranks, and Voices

En başından başla

            Though she favored Gryffindor’s over Slytherin’s usually, pushing Oliver Wood’s buttons was a favorite past time of hers. When it came to quidditch it was quite easy to get him riled up.”

            “Oh really?” Oliver hissed.

            “Yep, I can out keep you any day.” She grinned.

            He scoffed a bit before turning his attention to Flint.

            Demetria backed up into her team mates group and Wood glared at Flint before saying, “Flint! This is our practice time. We got up specially! You can clear off now~”

            Marcus was even taller than Oliver which was saying something. “Plenty of room for all of us, Wood.” Marcus grunted.

            “But I booked the field!” said Wood spitting with rage. “I booked it!”

            “Ah,” said Flint. “But I’ve got a specially signed note her from Professor Snape. ‘I Professor S. Snape give the Slytherin team permission to practice today on the Quidditch field owing to the need to train their new seeker.’”­

            “You’ve got a new Seeker?” said Wood, distracted. “Where?”

            And from behind her Draco Malfoy emerged.

            “Aren’t you Lucius Malfoy’s son?” said Fred, looking at Malfoy with dislike.

            “Funny, you should mention Draco’s father,” said Flint as the whole Slytherin team minus her and Adrian Pucey who stayed expressionless. “Let me show you the generous gift he’s made to the Slytherin team.”

            They all held out their broom sticks minus Demetria who didn’t feel like showing hers off and it wasn’t a gift from Draco’s father, it was from Cedric.

            “Very latest model. Only came out last month,” said Flint. “I believe it outstrips the old Two Thousand Series by a considerable amount. As for the old Cleansweeps…” he grinned eyeing Fred and George’s Cleansweep fives – “sweeps the board with them.

            “Oh look a field invasion.” Flint said as Ron and Hermione crossed the grass.

            “What’s happening?” Ron asked Harry. “Why aren’t you playing? And what’s he doing here?” He asked eyeing Draco

            “I’m the new Slytherin Seek, Weasley.” Said Malfoy smugly. “Everyone’s just been admiring the brooms my father’s bought our team.”

            Ron gaped at the seven superb broomsticks in front of him.

            “Good, aren’t they?” said Malfoy smoothly. “But perhaps the Gryffindor team will be able to raise some gold and get new brooms, too. You could raffle off those Cleansweep Fives; I expect a museum would bid for them.”

            The Slytherin team minus her and Pucey again howled with laughter.

            “At least no one on the Gryffindor team had to buy their way in,” said Hermione sharply. “They got in on pure talent.”

            The smug look on Malfoy’s face flickered before he spat, “No one asked your opinion you filthy little Mudblood.” He spat.

            Flint dived in front of Malfoy to keep Fred and George from jumping on him. Ron reached into his pocket and pulled out his wand and a green flash shot back at Ron throwing him back on the grass.