8. S.A. vs Son Chaeyoung

Start from the beginning

I was in a good mood, until 3rd period. Chaeyoung did not look at me. She walked past our classroom engaged in what looked like a very serious conversation with Tzuyu. Dahyun looked at my way though, and she smiled when our eyes met. I guess they were talking about something very important. The day grew like my mood. It became cloudy and gloomy. Bambam asked me about my answer and I asked for more time, to which he agreed.

The weather did not improve the next day. In fact it became windy and cold. I wore sweater to school even though it was the middle of June.

I was waiting for 3rd period but classes after 2nd period were cancelled. A teacher instructed us to assemble for house meeting to elect new captains. Since classes were too small for house meetings Green house would meet at the auditorium, Yellow house at basketball court, Red House at the school's open air theatre and Blue House at the soccer field. I wondered if it would rain and we would get drenched.

Blue house was sitting on the grass. Naturally I looked for the Triplet. Chaeyoung was sitting between Tzuyu's legs while the latter was hugging the small girl from behind. Dahyun was sitting cross legged behind them. I went and sit beside her, "Hey girls."

They turned to me. "Hi unnie" they greeted in unison. They congratulated me for the Dream High Dance team's win.

More house members were yet to come out. We silently waited. I felt weird, the Triplet were always talkative.

"I need to go to toilet before this meeting start. You two wanna go?" Dahyun broke the silence.

"I am fine" Chaeyoung answered.

"I'll go with you" Tzuyu got up and walked away with Dahyun with their arms linked.

I watched Chaeyoung's back, I was spacing out. Her small body shuddered and brought me back to reality. "Why are you not wearing sweater? It's cold"

She turned her head to me, "I did but this silly classmate was showing off her lunch to her friends and someone bumped into her and she poured the food right onto the back of the person sitting near her, which happened to be me. Now my sweater smells, I dumped it in my locker." She turned her away.

I watched her back again. She shivered again. So I scooted over to her, right behind her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Tzuyu?" She turned around. Our faces were so close! Our eyes met for three seconds and she turned away clearing her throat.

"You were cold" I said as if to explain for my action.

"Thank you" she said.

Her face flashed in my head. She was so close. Then the accidental kiss flashed in head. Suddenly I felt a flush of hotness heating up my face. I saw a tint of red on her ear.  Was she blushing too?

It's okay Mina. Friends hug each other. No big deal. See, there's two hugging each other. Jihyo and you hug all the time. No big deal. I told myself. But then I inhaled the faint smell of her shampoo from her hair. It was nice, I wanted to keep smelling it. Oh my God! What is wrong with you, Mina? You don't smell Jihyo's hair. Why are you smelling hers? I was mentally scolding myself and my heart was thumping loud.

Just then the other two girls came and gave us the what-is-going-on look. I don't know why but I felt nervous as they sat down besides us.

Finally the meeting started. Captain Nayeon called for nominees from 11th graders. Seniors didn't hold house offices because they had to study hard. We raised our hands to vote for who we wanted and outgoing captain Nayeon did the headcount. She couldn't hide her happiness from retiring from the position.

All the while, I got to smell Chaeyoung's addicting scent. I'm sure I like her more than just a friend. Bambam is also awaiting an answer. What should I do? I need to talk to my best friend about this.

---------------------------------------

"WHAT!?" Jihyo hollered when I told her about my complicated emotions. The chips she was eating was visible in her mouth. We were in her bedroom.

"Shhh can you quieter please. You heard me. I like her. But she probably don't like girls. And Bambam is S.A. So you know I like him too. He's waiting for my answer. What should I do?" I dipped my chip in the ketchup.

"Don't ask me. I'm no love guru. Both are just crushes, right? Then just choose one, maybe then you will get over the other."

I left her house without getting any solution. But I felt better after talking to my bestfriend about my problem.

That night, I couldn't sleep. I tossed and turned thinking what I should do.

Should I accept to be Bambam's girlfriend? Should I reject him and tell Chaeyoung that I like her?
It was S.A. vs Son Chaeyoung.