nine

[ third person ]

[ third person ]

joohyun exited the school campus and went to the parking lot to get her bike so she could go home. meanwhile, somi was dragging daehwi towards his bike, joohyun is still checking the paddle and already hopped on. she ignored the commotion until somi suddenly slapped daehwi.

"that's it!" she yelled. joohyun didn't care for the drama and continue cycling when, "i am breaking up with you!" and with that she lost her control and bumped onto the trashbins making everyone looked at her. "goodness, joohyun are you alright?!" somi panicked as she approached the girl.

daehwi was left dumbfounded because somi's slap is unpredictable, it really hurt his cheek and it became reddish, and the addition of his worriedness is joohyun who got into a little accident. he stood there being frozen, he can't come forward.

suddenly, guanlin arrived with jinyoung and helped somi assisted joohyun to get up. he left the area and went home by himself without anyone noticing.

joohyun on the other hand, had her knee bleeding and she groaned in pain. "can you stand up?" guanlin asked as joohyun nodded. "somi-ah, i'll take joohyun home with jinyoung hyung, you better talk to daehwi later." joohyun got confused, guanlin had to carry joohyun in a piggy back style with jinyoung dragging her bike leaving somi nodding and went to find daehwi.

"am i heavy?" asked joohyun who's currently on the back of guanlin.

"light as a feather." guanlin smirked.

"liar." joohyun scoffed.

"what happened to you earlier?" jinyoung asked worriedly. joohyun sighed and didn't know what to answer.

"i don't know, maybe i was struck?" she replied.

"seems like it, i didn't know daehwi and somi are dating though." jinyoung said.

"me either, even though we are friends. just like that he is dating and kept it a secret." guanlin added. joohyun got curious, why didn't daehwi tell them?

"maybe he is too busy trying to take my place that he forget he is dating her." joohyun answered for the high probability of the possible reason.

"take your place?" jinyoung asked.

"as you can see he is the top one of our batch and i ranked the second. but inside our classroom, since we're classmates, i am the top one and because he transferred in my class on the other week, he told me that he'll be the top one of our class. damn he is so ambitious, he has everything already, why taking my place?" she pouted. guanlin glanced at her and smirked.

"they always fight because of that." guanlin stated. jinyoung just shrugged.

"well even though i'm the top student in our batch, since i'm a year older than you guys, i don't pick fights with ice cream." he chuckled making the younger ones looked at him confused.

"ice cream? is that the name? it's sweet." guanlin smirked as jinyoung rolled his eyes.

"it's just a nickname that i gave to my beloved english tutor though, it's not really her name." he smiled making joohyun's expression faded. she really has no chance to this man walking with her and guanlin.

"oh really, wait? the girl you're always hanging out with? she's ice cream? the second placer of the ranking? wow, you're taking advantage of her knowledge that's why you're the first." guanlin argued.

she doesn't want to listen with their conversation but she can't help it. her house is a little bit far from the school so she has to deal with jinyoung's fantasy towards his english tutor.

"i wouldn't be the first if it wasn't for her. i'm pretty thankful," he replied.

"out of all names, why ice cream?" joohyun suddenly asked to be not out of place. the two guys were so into their conversation of the said girl. jinyoung is whipped.

"she likes ice cream so much, when my mom ask her if she would accept money as the payment, she would decline and ask me to treat her ice cream instead." he smiled again.

joohyun did fell for jinyoung's smile. but the boy isn't for her, he is for someone else. and maybe that someone is his tutor, he looks in love. she wouldn't take the risk about falling in love with her only friend, lai guanlin for he is such a sweetheart yet she is not his type.

"say jinyoung hyung, do you like ice cream?" guanlin asked as jinyoung looked at him.

"the person or the food?" he asked back.

"both." guanlin answered then jinyoung chuckled.

"for the food, yes i love it so much, and for the person, well maybe?" he smirked.

joohyun sighed sadly behind guanlin. it's obvious.., jinyoung is in love.