Chapter 6 - Secrets

<Martins POV>
We enter the driveway of Raina's place, this place is huge! I understand why they call it "the palace" now. "Wow your house is beautiful Rai" I don't think she heard me, she just continued driving until she parked the car in the garage. I'm guessing the Audi RS3 is also hers. "Welcome" she says as she turns to the side to smile at me. "Is that yours too?" I point to the Audi "everyday car, rides like a dream" she says and she guides me inside. Outside was literally nothing compared to the inside of the house. Antiques mixed with a modern vibe, it looks stunning. "Wait here Martin, I'm just going to check on a guest room" she gestures to lounge area. I relax and watch as she makes her way upstairs. I start looking at all the photographs that's been hung up in the room.

<Raina's POV>
Luckily the staff always keeps the guest bedrooms ready for just incase. I make my way to my bedroom and change into my sweat pants and and oversized Jersey. "This feels more comfortable" I say to myself as I put my slippers on. My eyes make my way to my mirror. What am I doing? If my parents knew how I was carrying on they'd be so angry. How did I turn out like this? I shake back into reality and make my way downstairs to find Martin looking around at my family photos. "Uhm" I say and he turns around looking shocked, I just laughed at him. I scared the poor guy. "Hot chocolate?" I offer "depends, do you have mini marshmallows?!" He looks at me with baby eyes, "of course" I reply, blushing a bit.

I make our hot chocolates and join him in the lounge. "So, you looked very different when you were younger." He blurts out of the blue. "What do you mean by that?" I asked as I eat a tiny marshmallow. "Your family photos, you looked different. Happier." How does he see that? He's a DJ not a Psychologist after all...right? "Well yeah, I loved when my family was so close to me, I actually had siblings that would hang out with me. We sat down as a family every night and had dinner, spoke about our day and just loved one another."
"What changed?" He asks me, "money, it changes people. My siblings don't even like coming to visit anymore. They're all overseas, my parents always have business trips. I'm alone here. It's not like how it was." I tell him, it actually felt good to talk to someone about how I felt. "I'm so sorry Rai" he said with a sympathetic smile. "Let me show you to your room." I lead him upstairs and down the hall, ending a very different night.