Chapter 2

Tammy's POV

I made my way into the house on Friday afternoon, one of my friends following me. "Hey, Dad! Kris is with me!" I called up the stairs. Dad poked his head out from upstairs and waved to us. Kris waved back and smiled. "Your dads are awesome," he reminded me for the thousandth time. I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, whatever. You're just saying that 'cause you're gay too," I said. "That's not why! I really do think your parents are cool," he laughed, sitting on the couch across from me. "Whatever. Connor's gonna be here soon. Is Xavier coming?" I asked. Xavier was Kris's boyfriend. They'd been dating for two months, since Kris came out to our group of friends. Which consists of Me, Connor, Xavier, Kris, Katelyn (Kris's sister), and Lexi, who recently moved into our neighborhood.

"Yeah, he'll be here," Kris replied. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I looked at it and read the text from Connor.

C: My parents r going out for dinner and they want Joseph to come here with me. That ok?

T: yeah sure. doesn't matter.

Except it did matter. It mattered that Joseph was still choosing to be awkward about something that happened a long time ago. But it was too late, and in about ten minutes, I opened the door to Connor and his twin.

"Hey Connor. Joseph," I said, greeting them with smiles. They smiled back and came in. Joseph walked over to the couch and sat there, not saying anything. "So..." I started to Connor. "Yeah, I get it, this wasn't the best idea..." he says immediately. I smile again and hug him. "Its fine."

Joseph's POV

I'm in Tammy's house. My brother's girlfriend's house. The girl I used to like. Except now I don't. But now it's awkward. And now she won't speak to me and I don't try to speak to her.

"So, Joseph, has Connor behaved at home?" she asked me suddenly, and I couldn't help but laugh. "Absolutely not," I joked, and she laughed too. "So, Xavier said he might be a bit late, but he'll be here as soon as he can," I heard a new voice. I looked over behind the couch and-

Oh.

Oh.

He's...

actually really attractive. He's a redhead and his hair is pulled back, exposing his starry freckles and sparkling brown eyes and caramel complexion and-

Wait, what?

What was that?

My mind went blank. "Uh... Hi?" the boy asked, pulling me back to Earth. I realized I'd been staring at him and quickly look away. "Sorry. Uh, hi. I'm Joseph. I'm Connor's twin brother," I blurted out. Tammy looked at me skeptically and raised an eyebrow. What? I mouthed. She shook her head and grinned. "I'm Kris," the boy replied and gives me a big smile. My face heated up. No, no it didnt. That's not a thing my face does. I'm not blushing. I don't like this kid. I'm not gay.

After a while of me trying to make small talk and failing, the doorbell rings. Another really cute guy walks in and hugs Kris, kissing his cheek. Oh, okay. Boyfriends. Great. Not jealous. I'm guessing it's Xavier, whoever Kris was talking to earlier. Kris and Xavier started talking to Connor in the kitchen, and Tammy tugged on my sleeve.

"What?" I asked. "Dude, do you like Kris?" she asked back. Which was the perfect time for me to start stuttering. "N-no! I don't! Of course not! I-I'm not gay!" I exclaim. She gave me her skeptical look again, and I look back at her. "Well, do you think Xavier's cute?" she asked. "What part of I'm not gay don't you get?" I said. She shrugged. "You're acting pretty gay right now," she suggested. "How do I act gay as opposed to acting straight?" I ask, giving her a confused glare. " look who you're talking to. My life is like an endless Pride Parade, " she joked and smiled. "Well, still, I don't like either of them. And even if I did, they're dating each other, so I wouldn't have much room," I remarked. "Well, that's the thing. You see, Xavier and Kris are both polyamorous. They've told me that they wouldn't mind a 'third party' in the relationship. You seem perfect for them," she explained. "I'm not gay," I reminded her, but I wasn't so sure anymore. Just a few months ago I still thought I was asexual, but then that changed. I couldn't really explain it, but it definitely changed. More things might be changing. But I'm still certain I don't want to be in a relationship with guys. Maybe.