8 | innocence lost

Start from the beginning

The place itself, was an absolute mess. It was as if Harry didn't clean up after himself much.

"I'm rarely here," Harry announced, answering Draco's previous thought. "Stay away from dangerous objects, got it? And don't touch anything you know you're not supposed to."

"Y-Yes, sir," he gulped. "Where shall I sleep?"

Harry registered the question and rubbed his jaw, "My room, it's up the stairs."

Draco felt uneasy about the idea of sleeping in the blasphemous demon's bed, but at the same time he felt rather special. He nodded his head, not arguing against it. Opening his mouth to the man besides him was never optional— obedience was the only way for Draco, not that he minded. He was taught pure obedience throughout childhood.

The blond shuffled, dipping his wings downwards, a shy glint sparkling in his eyes as he turned his head to get a good look over at Harry because every time he laid his misty grey orbs on the demolished being, his knees would get weaker. "Thanks," he whispered once again, watching Harry's chest puff out briefly.

"Yeah, whatever," the taller said dismissively, exhaling out sharply, the silence beckoning them both in. The sound of Harry's heavy boots scuffling across the floorboards and the occasional breathing from their lips made way into the angel's ears, and strangely— peace greeted him.

Until the silence broke by Harry's deep, booming voice. "You should go rest, your wound is still healing," he mentioned, referring to the gash still promptly throbbing on Draco's inner thigh, exposed. "I'll clean it up again after I return."

"Return?" Draco's head shot up, "You're leaving? Where are you going?"

"Back to what I was doing before I helped you," Harry answered, being quick and not giving out too much detail. "C'mon, let me help you up the stairs." The demon stated, not much of an offer. The angel willing wrapped his arms around the neck again, but this time Harry's arm curled under the bend of his knees in order to pick him up.

"When will you be back?" The blond nibbled at his peach colored lip, allowing the stronger male to carry him up the rickety staircase,

"I don't know, but I'm hoping you'll stay put in this house."

Draco didn't speak up after that, only taking in the new scenery with glazed eyes, looking at the room where he would be sleeping. The bed sensed to be unused, like no one has ever slept in it before, the paint on the walls was chipping off— the hideous grey color fading into an off white. A single wardrobe sitting in the corner of the room, and other than that, the room was eerily empty and more unwelcoming than the cell he stayed in. But, he liked it. Because it was Harry's room and he had the whole house to roam around in.

His body was gently set down on the surprisingly comfortable bed. Blond hair slipped away from his eyes as he stretched his neck to look at Harry, towering above him momentarily before the demon took a step back, heading back to the entryway.

"I'll be back, okay? Don't leave the house, I've had enough of your trouble for today." Harry annoyingly announced, taking his fingers and swiping it through sweat filled hair. Their eyes locked with each other for a single moment when Draco gave a nod and a pout of his lower lip, seemingly offended by Harry's words.

After confirmation that the innocent angel would stay put, Harry's figure vanished from the doorway and footsteps echoed down the creaking stairs. Then, everything was quiet.