Chapter 14

Pansy dragged Draco away from her fellow Gryffindors and around a corner; so Hermione and Harry couldn't over hear.

"So?" Pansy asked, a smile on her face.

"So what?" Draco asked, a little confused.

"So what's been going on between you and Potter lately? And what was with the hand holding in class today?" It took a moment before it finally hit her. When it did, she gasped and clapped her hands to her mouth. "Oh sweet Merlin....You like Potter don't you?!"

"What?!" Draco responded, blushing lightly. "N-no! Now, keep your voice down. Someone could hear you."

"Oh, you can't hide it from me, Draco." Pansy teased. "I used to date you. Remember? Plus, I've been hanging out with you long enough to know when you like someone. And, right now, you've got your sights set on Potter."

"Well, so what if I like him?" Draco admitted. "It's nothing to get excited over."

"Does Potter know?" She asked.

"Well, obviously not." Draco told her.

"Well, then tell him!" She urged.

"Pansy, don't be stupid." He said. "That's the last thing I would do!"

"Why not? How will you know if he likes you back if you won't tell him?" She pressed.

"I can give you two good reasons as to why I won't tell him." Draco said, counting off the reasons on his fingers. "One, we have been enemies since our first year at Hogwarts and have only recently started to become friends. And two, if my dad were to somehow find out that I was in love with Harry, of all people, he would Avada Kadavra my ass into next week!"

"You don't really think Potter won't return your feelings and tell your father, do you?"

"Yes to the first part," Draco admitted. "No to the second. I'm just worried. If I tell Harry how I really feel and he doesn't return the feelings, well.....I just don't think I can handle that kind of rejection."

"Well, in my personal opinion," Pansy said. "I think you should take the risk and tell him. Who knows? He might just like you back."

"Well...." Draco contemplated. "Alright, look. I'll think about it. And, if the subject just so happens to come up during a conversation with him, I will tell Harry how I feel. How does that sound?"

"Sounds like a plan to me." She agreed. "Now then, why don't you head back to your dorm for a break?"

"That actually sounds nice about now." He said. "Well, I guess I'll see you later, Pansy." He started to walk towards the Gryffindor House.

Pansy waved after him as Hermione rounded the corner.

"So, how did it go?" Hermione asked.

"Good." Pansy replied.

"And?" Hermione pressed. "Does Malfoy like Harry?"

"Yes he does." Pansy said. "What about Potter? Does he like Draco?"

"Yes, actually." Hermione responded.

"Well then," Pansy said as they watched Draco walk out of sight. "Looks like the rest is up to them."

"Yes." Hermione agreed. "But the question remains. Will they be able to tell the other how they feel?"

"We'll just have to wait and see, won't we?" Pansy smiled at her and grabbed Hermione's hand, interlocking their fingers.

"Indeed." Hermione smiled back.