Chapter Ten

It had rained many times after that encounter. The cold and wet air wasn't kind to the small omega. The alpha tried his best to keep him from getting ill, but with out a proper shelter.. it was pointless.

Francis had been out and about more, keeping watch and scavaging "old" remains of the left over vilage. He thought about moving Arthur there, but it didn't feel safe there.

Over the time, he had acquired a working cart and managed to tame down a horse that was locked up in the pasture. It seemed this once great vilage was rather advanced compared to most.

Within the next morning, the alpha was up. He worked on the cart and filled it up with what he scavenged and their supplies. A small spot was left open bettween all the stuff. It was filled with thick furs and easy access to foods.

A long sign left Francis and by now it was early afternoon. He knew they had to get going before it grew dark out, he didn't want to waste another day out here.

The alpha moved to the damp cropping and shook the small body. A small groan left it and the omega curled inward. Francis sighed and shook him again.

"Arthur. Get up." The alpha huffed.

"Hm- what? Why..?" The brit whined softly and sat up. His hair was all over and his nose a runny mess.

"Because, come now.." Francis sighed softly and helped the omega out.

"Hn- Francis.. please I don't want to leave." Arthur whimpered out. He recently grew a bit ill over the week and this worries Francis greatly, but he couldn't do much to help.

"I know you don't.. but this is for our own good.." He tried to coxe Arthur up and it worked. He had to be patient with him.

Once he had Arthur settled down in the small space of the cart and making sure he was wrapped up with furs, Francis attached the horse and pulled the rigens.

And the long journey continued.

The horse gave a grunt and stopped. The alpha tide the creature up and gave the place a look around. Once he thought it was clear, he headed to the back of the cart and checked in on the slumbering brit.

"Tsk," he then sighed and covered the omega back up.

"Such a pain." He smiled and went back to leading the horse. He gave another sigh, by now he assumed they travelled six miles or a bit less... He was thinking highly of himself again.

The sun was already lowering in the sky and crickets were making there chirps and creaks.
The moon was full that night, lightning most of the way for the traveling pair.

After what seemed like forever, Francis stopped and looked around once more. He checked the air and then tied the horse to a tree before heading to the back of the cart and sticking his head in.

"Arthur?" He asked softly before crawling into the cart.

"Hm... Francis?" He asked. A small yawn leaving him as he sat up, his eyes soon connecting to the sharp blue.

"Its me, go back to sleep.." He said with a yawn and settled down next to the omega.
Arthur grunted and curled back up, he was already falling back asleep when he felt Francis wrap an arm tightly around him.

The two found sleep and the night dragged on to day. It didn't take long for Francis to get up with it.

After kissing the top of his sleeping omega's head and having a quick bite to eat, Francis was leading the horse along once more.

His eyes scanned the area and he sighed. He was looking for a suitable place to set up at. If not permanent, then at least for a few days.

He gave a slight sigh, his feet started to hurt, which was a rare feeling for him. He halted the horse and listened once more to the sounds. He could pick up the sound of rushing water. He changed paths and tired leading the horse and cart around the rocks a roots, a difficult and yet worth while task for he soon steped out into a clearing.

The sun shown high over the tree tops, water being illuminated by the morning glow. With out bothering to check his surroundings, Francis shot forward and jumped into the water. He shivered as the cold water surrounded him in its watery embrace. He sighed pulled his shirt off, then pants. Letting himself relaxe there.

It washy long before Arthur noticed the cart has stopped. He yawned and stretched before sitting up and rubbing his nose.

"Francis..?" The omega called and a sound of a loud splash and comotion happened before a soaked alpha popped up at the back of the cart.

"Sorry, come on. Come here." He held his arms out and Arthur made a face.

"You're wet.." He mumbled and curled back up. He didn't feel like getting covered in water again.

"Mhm.. just come out, get some sunlight." He offered his hand to the smaller with a smile. Surprisingly, Arthur accepted the offered hand and allowed Francis to help him out of the cart.

The French alpha lead the British omega towards the rushing water, he made sure the younger was sitting down and safe before going back into the water.
Arthur sighed and tightened the fur around himself. He was done with water for a while, after all that's what got him sick in the first place.

After some time, Francis made a small camp in that little clearing.
They stayed there for a few days, until Arthur was feeling more himself and less sick.
Their journey continued on in a few following days before coming across a good clearing.

They didn't know they had a guest.