Chapter 24

Rosie

5 days left. I'm heading to Jeff's shop, he's helped me out a lot. Got me blueprints for the building Jerry is in, just checking over the last few details and then I'm good to go. I've got my go-bag at my house loaded up so I can just grab it. I look in my rear view mirror and there's the prospect that hates me in some beaten up car. He's been following me for a few days, that I've noticed, he could have been following me longer. They will already know I've been to Jeff's shop because the first time I spotted him I was leaving there. So I'm just carrying on, if Machete or Reaper ask I just buy weapons from him, simple.

I leave Jeff knowing every twist and turn, every door, every secret corridor and every access to the building. I'm coming for ya Jerry. I head back to the clubhouse for another night of partying and sex.

4 days left. I woke up in Reapers arms again, still dark again. Just as I memorised the blueprints, I'm memorising Reaper. If I don't make it out of this or if I come back and he refuses to see me, I have every detail of him burned into my brain. I don't have to do anything today, maybe just a little training. I roll out of bed and head downstairs. I sit in the bar this time with my red bull and cigarette. I'm lost in my own thoughts when I feel a hand grab my shoulder, I grip it and turn

"Jesus Christ Grinder, put a fucking bell on" I say trying to catch my breath.

"Morning BTK, why you up?" He says laughing

"Well Cottingham, if you must know I couldn't sleep" I say turning back to my red bull.

"When was the last time you slept properly Rosie? You look exhausted" he says sitting down next to me

"Jeez thanks and here I thought I was hot" I say nudging his shoulder.

"Speaking of hot, how's Sadie?" I say with a wink

"I like her, I think she could like me and the sex, god damn" he says banging his fist on the bar.

"Good, about time you got laid" I say laughing. We sit together for a few minutes before Grinder starts questioning again

"Come on Rosie, you won't talk to Reaper, you haven't spoken to Alicia, why don't you talk to me? Tell me what's going on. We're as fucked up as each other I'll understand, you know that" he says placing his hand on mine. I could tell him, but I know if I do, he'll stop me from going alone, I can't let him come with me, if Jerry hurt him too I wouldn't forgive myself.

"I'm just fed up of this damn cast. I can't ride, I can't play my guitar and do you have any idea how hard it is to fasten a bra with this fucking thing?" I say raising it up

"Well why don't I take you for a ride, try to cheer you up, I promise I won't ride even remotely safe" he says crossing his heart

"Why the fuck not, what's gonna happen I break my arm?" I say waving my cast and heading for the lot.

We climbed on Grinders bike and I wrapped my arms around his waist, holding the front of his cut in my right hand. The engine roared to life, a sound that I will never stop loving, nothing pulls your head from your ass than listening to a beautiful beast roar beneath you. The sun had risen and I felt the warmth on my skin, Grinder turned us around and headed for the gate, as we moved Reaper stepped out of the club house but we didn't stop I just waved.

Grinder was right, it did cheer me up, pulled me from my impending mission and my feelings for Reaper all I heard was the engine, all I felt was the wind. I soon learned the top speed and how well Grinder could handle the beast weaving through traffic on a death mission. The adrenaline coursing through my veins almost better than sex. Both of us held demons inside us, giving us permission to come closer to death than most, something that only strengthened the bond between us.