Chapter:9

Two hours later we were sitting in a cafe. They all had coffee and I had hot chocolate. I was sandwiched between Percy and Zach at the table. They had ordered for me once again. It's not Bob's Diner, but this is so good! They're not pushing me into anything, only asking if it was ok or including me in on their conversations. Jackson was rubbing my leg under the table.

After breakfast we split into the vehicles and went back to the house. I was now between Matthew and Luca on a couch. They didn't care. The only thing was, Luca was muttering a song in Italian while going through Facebook and Matthew was searching up something. My phone buzzed in my back pocket.

I pulled it out and saw it was a contact. I stood and stepped out onto the back porch. "Job?" "Two men in a cartel need to be brought in for questioning. No blood. Tranquilized only." A male voice said. "Got it. It will be done within two to three hours depending on traffic." I said. "I'll send the coordinates." He hung up with that last word.

I went back inside and went to get my keys. "Where are you going?" Matthew yelled. "A job. I've got to run to my house, get a few things then head to this place." I said. Then was out the door. The clothes from yesterday were still there. I went home, got changed then grabbed my tranq gun and loaded it up. I then got what I needed before going to the location.

I got there and set up. I found my way in and spotted the pair. I then fixed everything up and scoped it before aiming for the right place. I then got the other. I sent the contact a message when they were tied up. I then disappeared and went back to my house. A black suv tailed. It's either Henshaw's or that other one. I opened my garage and pulled in. Then got out and decided to clean my truck out. I opened the backseat pulling the shopping bags out.

The five I left at their house got out of the suv. It didn't bother me that they had followed me here. They proved in twenty four hours that I could trust them.

I then lifted the seat up and unstrapped the gun below the seat. I took it inside and put it in the safe. Then went back to clean trash and other things out. I moved my seat forward to clean under it. "Do you need any help?" Percy asked coming up to me. "Nah. I got it." I said. "I can get the other side to make things go quicker." He said. "If you want to." I said.

A small smile crossed his face. I finished cleaning the backseat then moved to the driver seat. I wiped my side down good before moving my seat back into place. I invited them into my house when my truck was clean. "There's barely anything here in the fridge. Do you eat out more than cooking in?" Matthew asked. I shifted on my feet.

Two large arms wrapped around my waist. "Angelo. Is that why you skipped breakfast yesterday?" I looked up at Luca as he held me against him. My head fit right in the middle of his muscular chest. "I haven't been able to get groceries for any meal since I came back." I said. "There's boxed and canned foods in the pantry." Jackson said as he inspected what there was.

"That won't do baby." Matthew said. "Hai bisogno di più nutrizione del cibo in scatola e prendi(You need more nutrition than boxed food and take out)." Luca whispered in my ear. I unconsciously put my hands up on both of his forearms. "I don't think I like you living alone after those trips." Percy said. "It would be easier and we could bond with her more," Zach started.

"What are you saying?" Percy asked. "She comes to live in the same house we do. She'll not only have protection, but she'll have plenty to eat without having to fend for herself. We all take turns buying groceries, it won't be too hard for her to pitch in and help." Zach said. "So." Matthew started. "What do you think Austin? Join our team and get the attention, care and love you've been missing since you joined?" Zach asked.

I looked at their faces of anticipation. Even Luca's.