Chapter XVII: Younger Brother Unleashed

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

Clementine wanted to snort, knowing exactly why Shanks wasn't in a good mood. He was an idiot for drinking too much and getting a hangover. It was his damn fault.

However, at the same time, she was slightly astonished by the way the usually friendly red-haired man spoke. It was much more threatening than what she was accustomed to, and it shocked her in a way.

Hawk-Eye released a disinterested scoff, his eyes narrowing on Shanks, whose face was shadowed by the large umbrella someone put up. "I don't have any intentions of settling things with you, a man who has lost his left arm."

Clementine was surprisingly relaxed while she watched the two mens' interaction. However, that didn't mean she didn't feel the power both of them emitted; it was almost so thick she could choke.

"I came across some interesting pirates, you see. And I was suddenly reminded of that story you told me long ago," Hawk-Eye paused for a moment, digging into his coat and pulling a paper out. "That story about the interesting little boy you met from a certain small village."

Clementine held her breath as the man passed the paper to Shanks, the red-haired male staring down at it in disbelief.

The other crew members who watched gasped, suddenly paying closer attention to the conversation.

"You don't mean...!"

Clementine felt her lips tug up into a full grin that nearly split her face as she eyed the familiar boy on the wanted poster from over Shanks' shoulder.

Shanks has a similar reaction, breaking out into a broad smirk. "So, you've made it, at last, Luffy!"

Clementine snatched the paper out of the older man's hand as she took a closer look at the photo, her heartwarming at what she saw. There in all his glory was her younger brother, grinning into the camera as he wore his signature straw hat on his head. He seemed a bit roughed up with dust covering his cheek, but the broad smile on his face told her he was healthy and happy, much to the blonde's delight.

While Clementine was in her own happy, La La Land, Shanks faced Hawk-Eye.

"In that case, Hawk-Eye... I can't just let you leave now...."

With a swing of an arm, Shanks forced the man to sit beside him, pouring a mugful of alcohol, handing it to the stoic man.

"DAHAHAHA! Is that so, Hawk-Eye! Drink up! Drink up! Today's a celebration!!" Shanks laughed, his cheeks already turning rosy pink.

Hawk-Eye, on the other hand, eyed the red-haired man in slight annoyance. However, he didn't deny the drink he was offered. "Akagami, I thought you had a hangover?"

In response Shanks laughed, throwing his head back. "You dumbass! How could a man not drink to a day as joyous as today?! Don't sweat it! It's a celebratory drink! Now drink!"

Clementine watched in amusement, walking around with new jugs of booze, happily handing it out. What could she say? Her little brother had his first bounty, how can she not celebrate?

She did, however, sent Shanks a worried look as she placed water beside him as well. "Don't you party too hard, Shanks. Keep yourself hydrated with water as well," she warned with a smile.

Shanks brushes her concern off with a wave of a hand as he tugged on her wrist, making her sit beside him and Hawk-Eye.

"Oh, come on, Menti! You drink too! We have to celebrate your brother venturing out to sea as well! Aren't you happy?" Shanks questioned as he good-heartedly wrapped his arm around the younger female's shoulder, swaying as the crew began to sing.