18 - Openness

Magsimula sa umpisa

"It's ok, Mahal. Mama can handle them."

"How can you be so sure?"

"We're just at the attic, Mahal. Pag hindi kinaya ni Mama tatawagin niya tayo." she said her eyes pleading.

"Ok, then." sabi ko sabay kuha ko ng strawberry jam. "Let's go." I said and I saw her eyes lit up.

We passed by at our room. "I'll just check the kids." bulong ko kay Althea. Tumango lang siya at dumiretso na siya dala ang pancakes and strawberry jam.

Pagpasok ko sa kwarto namin ay deretso ako sa room ng mga bata. Tulog na si Mama sa couch, I checked on the twins and they're both in deep slumber. I gave them both a goodnight kiss as I slowly walked to Mama with blanket with me. Kinumutan ko si Mama and she must have felt it as she opened her eyes.

"Sorry Mama, can you stay here for awhile?" I requested.

"Of course, Anak. No biggies." She answered.

"Thanks, Ma. I Love you. Goodnight."

"Love you too and goodnight, Hija."

- - -

"What took you so long?" Bungad ni Althea pagpasok ko ng pinto.

"I checked on the kids, Love."

"Eat your pancakes na Mahal." Aya niya "Sabi mo gutom ka na." Palapit na ako sa kanya, she's sitting on the carpeted floor.

"Bakit diyan ka nakaupo?" I asked.

"Kasi maguusap, I mean kwentuhan, tayo." She said.

"Yon lang?" She chuckled. "Hay naku Althea Guevarra." I said but deep inside I'm excited of our moment alone with each other.

"Just missed you, Mahal." She said while standing and met me halfway the room.

"And I missed you, Love. I was crying the whole time. Just the thought that you're mad and you might..." I stopped to hold myself from crying again.

"Mahal, I may get mad, but I will never ever love you less. Remember that." Lapit niya at hinawakan ang mukha ko at matama niyang tiningnan. "How long have you been crying?"
Tanong niya, hindi ako nakapag salita. From the moment you confronted me in the bathroom, sagot ko sa isip ko. "Mahal." Malambing niyang tawag.

"It's ok Love, it serves one of its purpose." I said to lighten the mood. She smiled still exploring my face. "Love." I called out because I can't stand her stare at me anymore. It's like she's slowly looking into my soul and wanted to take me into her world. I felt the same. I wanted to kiss her, hug her, make love with her. Before I could say another word she slowly closed the gap. I closed my eyes to feel her. I felt her lips in my left eye, then in my right eye, down to the bridge of my nose, to my nose. Then she stopped. I'm anxiously waiting for her lips to touch mine. Seconds passed but there's none yet her hands still cupped my face and gently caressing my cheeks. I slowly opened my eyes and saw my Love smiling and the sparks in her eyes. "Why'd you stop?" I asked.

"As long as I can see that longing in your eyes, Mahal I will be here loving you. Hanggat nakikita ko sa'yong mga mata ang pananabik sa halik ko, hindi magbabago ang pagmamahal ko sa'yo. Dumating man ang panahon na mawala ang pagmamahal mo sa akin. Umalis ka man, palayain man kita. Dala mo na ito sa pag alis mo." She said while pointing her heart.

"Why are you saying that?" Tanong ko.

"I don't know Mahal. Hindi ko kasi alam kung paano ko maipaparamdam sa'yo na mahal na mahal kita. Na hindi mo kailangang ma insecure." She honestly said. I felt guilty for making her think that it was her fault.