II Lessons

Vik's pov

I wake up to my alarm going off and I hop out of bed. I feel energetic and excited for my classes to start. I dress up in a black hoodie and red skinny jeans and grab my phone before leaving the room. Once I'm out of my room I see Lachlan eating cereal. "Morning Vik" he mumbles with a mouth full of cereal. I giggle a bit but reply. "Mo- morning L- Lachlan". I walk to the cabins and grab cereal as well. I eat quietly next to Lachlan and when I'm done I get out of the apartment and start the adventure to find my classes.

Finding my classes actually wasn't that hard, they weren't too far. As I got to my first class it was a lot of going over the rules but once we got to the topic I instantly started taking notes and I was being active, which the teacher liked. I felt good after the class.

After all my classes were done I head to the cafes to grab something to eat. I get pasta with chicken and eat it with some milk on the side.

I return to my room feeling good about today's classes. Lachlan wasn't back yet so I decided to just go and watch some YouTube in my bed. I hear the door unlock as Lachlan comes into the apartment. I get out of my room and greet him "Hi Lachlan". "Oh wow, no stutter. This must've been a good day" he says laughing. "Salty!" I yell, causing us both to start laughing. "Wanna watch a movie?" Lachlan asks me, which I nod to.

We set some random movie from Netflix to play on the background. We mostly focused on getting to know each other. Now I know Lachlan is an only child, has a dog back home, is alright at school and likes games a lot. We are kind of similar. I am an only child, am alright at school and I like games.

After the movie ended Lachlan challenged me to a COD battle. I actually had really fun playing it with him. And I won, which is only positive. We put everything away and I stood up from the sofa getting to my room.

I walk to my desk and start doing some of the school work we had already been assigned with.

-Time skip 2 hours-

I had done quite a fair bit of my school work, nearly everything as my phone began to ring. I looked at the screen of my phone that was laying on the desk. 'Mum'. I quickly answer and greet my mum. "Hey mum!" I say cheerfully. "Hey sweetie, how was the first day?" She asks me. "It was great! I love this already!" I explain enthusiastically. We again keep on talking, but now for about 45 more minutes.

"Bye mum" I finish as I put my phone back down on the desk. I look at the time 7:26PM. I could go get some dinner. I stand up from my chair and take my phone and keys. I open my door to see Lachlan watching tv. "H-hey, wanna come with?" I ask him, startling him a bit. He turns his head to me. "Sure, let me grab my phone".

When we reach the bottom floor we decide we'll go get some Nandos from town. I feel myself start to become a bit nervous as we head further downtown. I hate it because whenever I get more nervous I start to stutter more. After about 15 minutes we reach Nandos and we go to order. As expected, I stuttered quite a bit while ordering. We grab our food and head back to campus.

When we're back in our dorm we get to the table and start eating. We keep small talk going for some time but it gets awkward quite quickly. We finish up and both head to our bedrooms.

I curl up under my sheets feeling the cold of them but I don't mind it. After the exhausting day I soon fall asleep.

-Time skip until morning-

I get out of bed and get myself dressed. I get all my stuff and get a bowl of cereal as breakfast and then head out to my classes. They were good today too, I like the classes even though I'm mostly alone but I'm fine with it. I don't need a pile of friends to be with me.

The rest of the week went as expected, I was in classes and doing my school work a lot of the time. I really enjoyed it but I didn't make any friends at all. I know I don't need a pile of them but even one would be nice. I know I have Lachlan as my roommate who has Rob and Preston sometimes to visit but they aren't too close to me.

-Friday-

I open the door and walk inside seeing Lachlan already there. "Hey Vik! Wanna come to a party this evening?" He shouts to me excitedly. "Nah, th- thanks though. I need to study for an exam" I calmly reply. He nods and let's it be. I'm not too fond of parties and I think they're a dumb excuse to get drunk while underage.

I get into my dim lit room and put the lamp on my desk on and straight get into my homework. Again after few hours my mum calls me. It has became a habit that she calls me everyday and I truly enjoy it. I love catching up with her and hearing how she's doing.

We quit the call and I get back to school work. I didn't really do anything during the weekend either except studied. The next few weeks go around the same way.

But it seemed a bit too good to be true.