-Twenty-Three-

I stayed in Shuri's lab for a couple weeks until she was confident that I was able to use and understand my tail.

I didn't leave the lab, I ate and slept in there.

Shuri's brother, T'Challa, visited a couple times a day.

Today seemed different though, Shuri had come back from some ceremony, T'Challa was injured during the ceremony, but apparently it was normal.

Humans are complicated.

Shuri had two mannequins with a couple necklaces on them.

We were in her other lab this time, "My King," Shuri said with a grin.

"Stop it, stop it," T'Challa had a grin on his face too as they crossed their arms over their chest to shape an 'X'.

"I've already sent a car ahead to Busan for you. Who are you taking with you to Korea?" Shuri asked as T'Challa followed her.

I watched from the corner, "Oh yeah, Okoye and Nakia as well,".

Shuri gave him a suspicious look, "Are you sure it's a good idea to take your ex on a mission?"

I snorted from the corner, "The dinosaur agrees," Shuri motioned towards me.

"Yes, we'll be fine. Besides, you'll be on call should we need to back out," T'Challa informed her.

"I have great things to show you brother, here are your communication devices for Korea," Shuri informed as she closed the box and handed it to him before moving on.

"Unlimited range, also equipped with audio surveillance system," Shuri added before she went to her next project.

"Check this out, remote access royal key pins, updated to interface directly with my same table," Shuri showed off the pieces, but T'Challa was looking at something else.

"And what are these?" T'Challa asked, moving to another table. "The real question is, what are those!" she yelled the last part as she motioned to T'Challa's shoes.

"Why do you have your toes out in my lab?"

T'Challa proceeded to put his foot on the table, "What? You don't like my royal sandals? I wanted to go old-school for my first day," T'Challa defended.

"Yeah, I bet the elders loved that," Shuri said dryly.

T'Challa only grinned.

"Try them on," Shuri grabbed the shoes from the table and gave them to T'Challa.

I stood up from my corner and walked over, making the other scientists nervous. They were always nervous when it came to me.

"Fully automated, like the old American movie Baba used to watch and I made them completely sound absorbant,".

T'Challa stomped his foot to prove it. "Interesting," T'Challa muttered.

Shuri grinned, "Guess what I call them? Sneakers."