Little Words

The Night of the dance came and everyone in Lila's year was in nervous excitement for the time to come.

Lila started getting ready. She grabbed her hairbrush and started pulling it through her thick brown hair. She had decided to leave her hair down. Then she went and put on the dress she bought while shopping with the girls.

She smiled when she saw it on her in the mirror. She smoothed out the skirts and sighed happily.

'This is the prettiest dress ever'

Then she heard Mia call her name. "Lila your friends are here!"

Lila smiled when she heard this and walked over and opened the door. "You can just send them up" she shouted down.

Then she heard footsteps on the stairs and then the girls rushed into her room.

"Your house is amazing, Lila!" Sabrina said, "It's like a huge manor!"

"Oh, your room is so pretty!" Rose cooed.

Lila laughed "Thank you"

The girls were also already in their dresses and had done their hair.

Sabrina's ginger hair was in soft curls that reached her shoulders, Rose had a large silver clip in her hair designed like a butterfly with diamonds decorating it. Juleka had her hair in tiny braids that went around her head and then went into a large braid behind her head with some hair still loose and curled slightly.

"You all look beautiful!" Lila said.

They smiled and thanked her.

"Now who want's their makeup done first?" Juleka asked, setting a large makeup storage box on top of Lila's sunset coloured duvet.

"Oh, Me please!" Sabrina said, rushing over to Lila's vanity table and pulling out the fluffy white chair to sit down.

Juleka laughed at her eagerness and got out some makeup supplies from her box.

Soon she had all the girls make up done. Lila never liked to go big with her makeup looks preferring a simple natural makeup. She did let Juleka put on some light red eyeshadow which she then overlapped along the top of the eyelid with some more sparkly red eyeshadow. Then Lila added some mascara to fill out her lashes and using an eye pencil she shaped her eyebrows.

The girls were then ready to go. Lila slipped on two thin golden cuff bracelets on her right arm and then followed the girls down the stairs.

Nathanael was walking down the stairs dressed in his suit for the prom.

"Are you going to collect Lila?" his mum asked.

"I suggested it but she said to just meet her at the Le Grand Paris because the other girls are getting a lift with her family chauffeur" Nathanael explained.

"She has a personal chauffeur?" Adina Kurtzberg asked, her eyes rounding.

Nathanael nodded "It kind comes with being the daughter of a diplomat"

Nathanael's mum gasped only finding out about this news now. Then she saw Nathanael struggling to fix his tie.

She rolled her eyes "Come here, I'll fix it"

"You make it too tight!" Nathanael complained, but he let her fix it anyway.

"Now you better get going oh, don't forget the gift you got Lila," His mum said.

Nathanael nodded "Thanks for reminding me"

He rushed back up the stairs to get the gift.

Lila sat in the car with Rose, Juleka and Sabrina. Charles was, of course, driving them but her father had allowed them to take a larger car than the one Lila usually took.