I don't need a Hero

The next day Lila walked up the stairs to Nathanael's apartment. She knocked the door and waited patiently outside.

Soon the door was opened by Nathanael. He had his clothes on but his hair was still a ruffled mess and his eyes were bleary from lack of proper sleep.

"Lila, what are you doing here?" Nathanael asked, his eyes quickly widening in surprise as he quickly ran a hand through his hair trying to flatten it but the strands of hair just raised up again.

"I thought we could walk to school together," Lila said brightly.

"Oh," Nathanael said "Sure, I still have a few things to do so um you should come in"

He moved aside to let Lila walk in "that's okay" she said, "But how late did you get up?"

"Not too late...but I couldn't sleep last night" Nathanael said as she shut the door.

"Why not?" Lila asked.

"The usual nightmares" Nathanael muttered with a shrug.

"Oh," Lila muttered sadly.

"Anyway, how did your drama club go?" Nathanael asked as he began to walk up the stairs.

Lila followed behind "It was good, at the start, some people were still giving me wary glares but after a while, everyone was really welcoming!" she smiled. She had decided not to mention Olivia and her bad attitude as she didn't want to worry Nathanael.

Nathanael glanced behind him and saw Lila's smile and felt a smile of his own appearing, glad she was happy.

"That's great," he said.

They reached the top landing and Lila hovered unsure where to go. Nathanael noticed this and he pointed towards his room "You can go wait in my room if you want"

Lila nodded "Okay" she walked over and was about to push open the door when Nathanael shouted, "Wait!"

She glanced over her shoulder at him in confusion.

He blushed "uh I just remembered I um need to tidy up some things..." he rushed over "Can you wait out here for a few seconds"

"I'm sure it's fine, my room can be a mess too!" Lila laughed.

"No!" Nathanael said "just wait"

Lila raised an eyebrow in confusion as Nathanael quickly went into his room and shut the door.

"He really can be weird..." Lila muttered to herself as she waited outside the door.

Inside the room, Nathanael was frantically grabbing every page or sketchbook that he had drawn Lila or anything relating to his crush on Lila on. Soon his arms were full of pages and a sketchbook. He looked around wildly for a place to hide them.

Then he heard Lila knock on the door "Nath, can I come in yet?"

His eyes widened in panic "Uh give me a few more seconds" he shouted back.

He smiled when an idea came to him and he rushed and knelt down as he pushed them all through the small gap underneath his wardrobe. He stood back up and sighed in relief when he saw none of the pages could be seen. Then he put the sketchbook in his bag alongside another sketchbook.

"You can come in now," Nathanael said.

Lila pushed the handle and walked in, looking around the room.

"I don't know why you were in a panic for this place isn't that untidy...oh except that desk" she pointed over to his desk which looked like an explosion had gone off on it as pages, sketchbooks, pens, pencils and markers littered the desk.