Mother Knows Best

Start from the beginning

"Aha! There it is" Miss Kurtzberg said taking a large book of the bookcase.

As Nathanael made his way back to Lila and his mum he heard laughter that sounded very like Lila. Panic settled in him. He rushed into the room and his fears were confirmed.

His mother was showing Lila a photo album full of pictures of him when he was little.

Lila glanced up and saw Nathanael at the doorway and smirked "Hello Nathanael your mother was just showing me how cute you were"

Nathanael felt his face heat up.

"He was cute wasn't he?!" His mother giggled.

Lila nodded also giggling "I like this photo" she held up the photo album to a picture of a baby Nathanael dressed in a fox suit.

"You were such a cutie" Lila giggled.

'She is never going to let me live this down' Nathanael thought as his face increased in heat.

"What's wrong Nathanael? You look very red" Lila asked with a smirk. His mother just laughed

Nathanael glared at the two of them while he wished for a hole to open up in the ground so he could escape this situation.

"Mum!" Nathanael hissed, his eyes narrowed in fiery anger.

"What? I'm only showing your future wife your baby photos" His mother said with a shrug of her shoulders.

'Future Wife!' Lila thought her cheeks heating up as they turned red.

"Mum! Would you just leave...please" Nathanael whined.

His Mother laughed standing up "Okay I'm leaving I can show Lila the rest some other day" she winked at the Italian girl before walked to the door. She paused glancing over her shoulder "Don't do anything I wouldn't" she giggled before finally leaving.

Nathanael slammed the door shut behind. He rested his head on the door for a second and sighed.

"You ok, Nathy?" Lila asked.

Nathanael turned around "Yeah" then he turned and glanced at the door "Sorry about her," he said.

"It's okay she's very nice...though very different from my own mum" Lila said.

Nathanael nodded and sat down beside the Italian girl.

"So...how do you like Paris so far?" he asked.

Lila's eyes widened at the question "Oh well it's nice of course though I do miss Italy a lot I'm starting to get used to life here"

Nathanael nodded with a happy smile "What was Italy like?" he asked his eyes sparkling with curiosity.

"Italy...well, I how do I explain it...I lived in Genoa though I did sometimes have to switch around cities with my father's work but Genoa is where most of my family lived. I loved living with them all my Nonna and all my cousins it was the best!" Lila continued talking a genuine and happy smile on her face.

Nathanael watched with a smile on his face he felt his heart warm at seeing her genuinely happy for once.

"And In the summer after school, me and my cousins used to go the beach and sunbathe or have picnics along the shore," Lila told him. "And when it's really hot in the summer, you can bring blankets up to the roofs and just fall asleep there. And then on the weekends, I would just pack some sunscreen, run down to the beach and just go swimming or write while resting in the sun" Lila smiled "There was always this old man who sold gelatos near the beach, and he'd always give them to me for free because he saw me every day."