Scales Tell Tales

Those numbers on that little screen, don't define all that you are.
They're not scales of character, scales of worth,
Or scales of all your beauty.

Those little numbers on that screen, don't reflect all that you are.
So take those scales, put them away,
They'll tell you nothing useful, anyway,
For they do not weigh the important things,
As those cannot be displayed, simply in numerical.

Use your inner scale instead,
It's far less likely to cause upset.

Ah, the scales!!! The biggest mood changer, the biggest pleasure stealer.  You can be feeling amazing then you step on those little instruments of doom and they can have you feeling like crap!  I know they can be useful.  I mean, they help us keep things in check.  However, if you are like me and you tend you be a bit obsessive about hopping on, for confirmation of some sort.  Ditch them!  They won't help in any way.  If you go on and you're lighter than you thought, you'll most likely reward yourself in some way and if you go on and you're heavier than you thought, then you console youself in some way.  And if you have the tendancy to use food as both the reward and the consolation, then you can see why this is counterproductive.  Use your inner scale.  Go by how you are feeling.  If you feel good, then don't let any little screen take that away from you.

  If you feel good, then don't let any little screen take that away from you

Image: Searched online - source unknown.